Sunday 26 May 2019

a lull in stitching...

I do have some Mary Brown Blocks to share, but there has been some interruptions to my stitching as we have had a new addition to the family.
Early April we lost Coffee and I couldn't decide whether to get another dog to keep Billy company.
I thought long and hard about it and didn't feel I could cope with the physical demands of another big dog. Years ago we had a fox terrier and I always wanted to get another one so felt this would be the perfect compromise-A big dog in a small body!
So......meet Miss Poppy..

She is very sweet but still has all the tenacity and character of her breed and because of this I knew she could cope with an active big dog. Billy has had to endure a bit of Karma for all the hassle he gave poor Coffee when he was a pup but I think he enjoys having her around and having someone to play with. She has been on a few adventures in her first week and has taken it all in her stride.


And those blocks I spoke about...

this bird needed the berries and eye added.





Now you're almost caught up with my Mary Brown blocks!
Hope the sun is shining where you are
Happy days

Marina


Coffee.... to a sweet and gentle boy
2007-2019

14 comments:

  1. Love seeing your Mary Brown blocks. One of my quilting friends ordered the pattern set for herself. We are thinking about doing a block or two a month starting later summer.

    What kind of dog is Maisie? That is the black dog's name? I was intrigued by the coat the dog has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Poppy is so cute! It is sad however to lose our furry family. Your blocks are just beautiful....your usual gorgeous standard xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard when we loss a loved furry friend but Coffee had many great years with you all.
    Poppy is a sweetie and will keep Billy and the family on their toes..
    Your blocks are lovely...
    Pleased you enjoyed a nice sunny day. We have too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing fur babies is one of the hardest things in life! How sweet that you have a new pup for Billy! They are both adorable. I love love love your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy and Billy are going to be such good friends …. they already look like a match made in heaven! Such lovely blocks... your work is gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is Miss Poppy, Billy will love the company I am sure. It is always sad when one of the fur babies leaves us, they sure lodge in your heart. 😊
    Beautiful blocks Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful curves on your MB blocks. Hope Poppy is settling in well and Billy is coping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Poppy looks delightful. I am pleased you have chosen to get another dog. They all need a playmate.
    Great work and progress on your blocks. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always so sad when a beloved pet passes away. Poppy looks very sweet. Your newest blocks are beautiful Love the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun with Miss Poppy. Lovely blocks Marina. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see your new pal, Marina - it sounds like she is settling in well, and I'm sure Billy appreciates the company too. More beautiful blocks - how talented you are :-)

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...