Monday 2 April 2018

first stage done...

Lovely easter break is leading into the school holidays.
I am hoping to get a start happening on mary Brown but first I want to get some progress on Okehampton.
there was some 1/2 square triangle action happening to make up the shortfall, and I now have the correct number of triangles.


I put the first  border on and it was my first attempt at mitreing corners.
some broken dishes have been pieced, just enough to see how it will look.
I'm very happy with the progress...hopefully I can complete the broken dishes border as that is my goal before starting on Mary Brown!



hope you have survived the Easter Holidays
Happy days ahead.
cheers
Marina

18 comments:

  1. lovely! your mitred corners are perfect! well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress. Enjoy your hols xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it's looking great..........love the border......I have that pink........

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mitred corners looks lovely, lots of beautiful half square triangles to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okehampton is looking lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okehampton looks amazing Marina...great progress. Enjoy the holidays .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, such beautiful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your mitred corners look perfect.... lots of little HST's....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, your border is going to be gorgeous. Lovely mitreing too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done getting the corners mitered and looking good!
    Good luck with the next border.
    And enjoy the break. If this weather keeps up it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your border Marina - it's really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great progress and your mitred corners look good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful as always Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as always Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marina ,love your beautiful work,well done ,you are so very clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Saturday with friends

I had a lovely catch up yesterday at Patch and Quilt in Gisborne with sewing friends. Most of us go back to when there  used to be quarterly...