Wednesday 28 March 2018

the devil made me do it...

Well you know how I was saying that I was itching to start something new...... Well....
A new pattern was calling my name, like the mythological sirens singing as I was tied to the mast of the ship... as it headed towards the rocks
Dramatic isn't it lol.
ta da!!


I remember seeing this quilt when I bought the pattern for the Caswell quilt and I kept thinking 'no way I could ever do that'
that is the same thing I said about Caswell the first time I saw it and I conquered that and enjoyed making it so much so I am hoping this one will be just as enjoyable. It is a loo loo measuring 90 inches square but I will conquer it one block at a time!
I have to finish quilting Gossip in the garden before I start but I can still play with the patterns and audition fabrics in the meantime.
Great service from Threadbear! the pattern arrived in two days and as with Caswell, the instructions are great, lots of pictures and actual sized charts for the applique. Excellent!

Those little hexies from my previous post got made up and have joined the stash of okehampton flowers.

these four flowers were from a strip of the border fabric that was extra. Love how different cutting has different effects.

Roll on Easter and the joys of school holidays!!
I have so earnt them...... and if I work hard I may get to spend time with Mary Brown too.


Happy easter everyone
Marina

18 comments:

  1. Oh no! Am I going to be getting envious drool all over my tablet as I did with Caswell lol! Oohhh it looks wonderful! Don't blame you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-mazing... and I have no doubt you will conquer this! Those little hexies from the same fabric are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Would you consider passing your Caswell pattern on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG go girl...........I think you will be working on this all easter............

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern looks amazing Marina....looking forward to your progress.
    Love the hexies, fussy cutting aure makes them interesting. That is great service to get your pattern so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. Look forward to following your progress on it. Love your hexies. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh.....my ....... word....... that is a stunner and I know you will make it up just so beautifully.... can't wait to watch this one grow...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you remember when 'the devil made me do it' started being used.... it was when SA cricket captain was caught match fixing.... you have used it at a good time of our Aus cricket history! oh dear
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting project to look forward to Marina. I am looking forward to following your progress, the blocks look gorgeous. I love your fussy cut hexies. Happy holidays. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely pattern Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure that the new quilt will look fantastic when you finish. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deb, have replied here as you are a no reply blogger.
      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Good heavens I just fainted Marina... of course you will do a magnificent job of this quilt... that is if you don't wear out your fingers first!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful quilt, and I'm sure yours will be gorgeous! I won't live long enough to complete something like that. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh "Mary Brown" is definitely your kind of stitching and you'll love working on her.....
    Wonder if you get your other projects done before you start.......
    Have a fun filled stitchy Easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like an amazing pattern and a great challenge.Make the most of your break and enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you, you master applique-er!! What a gorgeous project to be (planning on) starting - I look forward to watching your progress on it. Cute hexies too - the fussy cutting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see hours of delight in your future and maybe a sore finger.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...