Friday 19 January 2018

the year that was and a new Year to come

Well it's been quite awhile since I spent much time here.... I have been lurking and making some occasional comments but there just wasn't enough time for everything and my blog missed out on some of the attention.
Last year was a big year for me on many levels and it ending up finishing well and I am looking forward to a great year ahead.
As far as crafting goes I made last year a year to finish projects. I did accomplish quite a bit and I was very happy about that.
I won't show all of my finishes in this post, as hopefully I will make another post soon to show some more finishes.
This year, as I only really have Okehampton as my major project, I am hoping to dabble in some smaller projects too for gifting, something I have been quite neglectful in doing.
So let's get started with the photos...
this live, laugh, love quilt has been completed for quite a while and it was time for some quilting to happen. I had it quilted by Jemima's and I must admit I had fallen a little out of love with it and was worried about spending the money on a project I was not longer in love with.
But that all changed when I picked it up from the quilters. They even commented on how good it looked! Needless to say I am very much in love with it again and it is hanging in my sewing room.
 
This month I managed to complete the top for my Farewell Quilt (gossip in the garden by anni Downs)
I made a few changes as I usually do and unfortunately the photo does not do it justice, it's ended up quite big and was a little difficult to photograph.  I am wanting to hand quilt this one once I can bring myself to basting it!


I bought a lovely kit for a hexagon needlebook and after making the kit up I decided to make another one up too and dragged out this project from some years ago and make it up in the same method.
The flower was made ages ago and the stitchery also, the lilypad needlebook was very daunting to it came to a screeching halt. But now it's done!



Have had some fun working on my Okehampton centre...... besides the handquilting this is my only other big project........at the moment anyway.
What's not to love about some english paper piecing and fussy cut tiny hexie flowers?
I am toying with this background (a 3 sisters fabric) and the first border fabric too.


Thankyou for sticking with the post if you're still here....and for taking the time to visit after such a long time.
I hope to get back into the gist of blog land again, slowly.
Stay tuned....
Back to work Monday so we'll see how it pans out.
I'll leave you with a furry friend pic....... Maisie decided to spend some time in my sewing room under the air con vent. 42degrees I don't blame her but it made it hard for me to sit and sew lol.
Happy days..

Marina
x

21 comments:

  1. Hello, glad to see you back! The Live Laugh Love quilt is incredible and I'm glad you love it again. It seems when we spend a lot of time on something, we tend to tire of seeing it. The Farewell Quilt is beautiful and I just love the little needlebook. So fancy! Happy 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post. 2017 was the year of finishes for you. Its hard to juggle everything. I have been slack posting too, but hopefully that will change this year. You have worked on some beautiful quilts, such lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back blogging Marina, you have some beautiful finishes from last year. Your live laugh love quilt is beautiful, as is your farewell quilt..love your current project. The needle book is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you Marina. Love you projects. They looks very lovely. I don't blame Maisie for being under the air conditioning one little bit. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your version of Gossip in the Garden!!! All the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. We are suffering the heat too. Love the quilts..

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful finishes especially love the farewell quilt. Great to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you again...
    LoVe... Live Laugh Love quilt... its gorgeous!!!
    Keep us up to date... xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to read you... its so nice and chatty. I love your quilt - you are welcome to pop over and baste on my big table! Live Laugh Love is just beautiful (I expect nothing less from you) and I will do it one day. Maisie has the right idea - I do feel for the animals in this crazy weather...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. So,lovely to read your post and enjoy some of your lovely work Marina. Love your quilts and that Lilypad is so sweet. Enjoy your Okehampton project...looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exceptionally gorgeous work Marina, if ever you go back to disliking your Live, Love Laugh quilt, you know where I live :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your projects are gorgeous. Glad to see you back again too. Great to catch up last week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sew nice to see you pop up again..
    Pleased you love your Live, Laugh , Love quilt again. Looks fabulous...
    The Farewell Quilt is sew pretty . Great fabrics you used. Enjoy the hand quilting when it's basted.
    Such a cute Hexie Flower needle case too.
    Hmm! Maybe you need two chairs in your sewing room...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work as always and good to see you around again. I do love the Lilypad needlebook, gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see your post come up! And what lovely work you have done - good on you getting some finishes ticked off your list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New year to you, too. Lovely to see what you have been doing.
    Your LLL quilt is a great finish. So pleased you went ahead with the quilting and were once again motivated.
    Your Anni Downs quilt top is also a delight. It is such a fun quilt and you have definitely done justice to the design.
    That needle book is also a delight.
    Have fun with your paper piecing.
    Good luck with your start to the working year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back to blogland girl!�� So lovely to see you pop up again and I am so pleased for you that everything is good at your end. My oh my, such lovely projects. Your quilted wallhanging has come up beautifully and will look amazing in your sewing room. Gotta love your Anni Downs' quilt and I admire your plan to hand quilt it. That will make it extra special. Your Lillypad is so pretty and your latest hexi project is looking great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I popped over from Sue's blog. Your Gossip in The Garden is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay more of your gorgeous work to admire.
    Enjoyed seeing your farewell quilt yesterday, such beautiful colours all blended together.
    Okehampton progressing very well too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Farewell quilt is quite lovely, and it looks like it was alot of work too!! the lily needlebook is just stunning!!! I love it! And your kitty looks just like our neighbors' cat that likes to visit here. They are so soft! So good to see what you've been up to and know that things are going well for you! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pleased to see you back in blogland..... Great projects......

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...