Monday 5 March 2018

triangles are go....

A relaxing sunday to myself was the perfect opportunity to make some me time in the sewing room.
Over last weekend I had cut out 55 light and 55 dark squares for the 1/2 square triangles for one of the borders of my okehampton, as directed.....but after turning these 


.........into these.......

 it seems that I am at least 100 blocks short?
Can't see that I have followed the instructions incorrectly, so I have to decide whether to just do two rows of these blocks on all sides which does look more even to my eye or bite the bullet and make the extra blocks.  I tell you it's not the most enjoyable job in the world making these blocks.....
Oh well, for now they'll sit and wait, I mean I can't even decide on the centre background!

Quilting on gossip in the garden is progressing slowly. I wish I could find a time bank...... I would love just a few extra free hours in the week, I'm sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe on that one.
I am itching to do some applique...... and have to fight the urge to find a new project. You know that feeling don't you?  I think I will have a little sticky beak in my patterns to see if anything jumps out at me...
Wish me luck! lol
Happy days

Marina

12 comments:

  1. Hi Marina! I've just looked at a picture of the quilt, and broken it up as if I was adding side borders and then the top and bottom borders: this yields 28+28+34+34 completed blocks=124 blocks. If you have done 55 each of light and dark, you should have 110 completed 1/2 square blocks. Another 7 each of light and dark will give you the missing 14 blocks. It should have said 62 each of light and dark.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer! Making all those 1/2 square triangles and needing that many more? I think you need to set it aside, take a deep breath, and start your new project. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also working on a stack of HSTs (100 sets of squares to be cut into quarters) so I feel your pain. I've chunked them into piles of 10 and am slowly working through them. Your fabrics are do die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love 1/2 sqaure triangles...... there is only two rows isn't there of triangles.......goodluck finding the extra hours.......I could do with some also.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe there is something wrong with the pattern Marina? Seems strange to be so many short...and frustrating!! Did you scratch that itch? 😆😆 hope something jumped out at you. I think we all have the same problem with the time bank, it just doesn't seem to stretch far enough! Good luck with ghe decisions on the half square triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making so many HST's is quite daunting.... but so worth it in the end as the effect will be great.... I love your header - that was one of my first quilts as an online sewalong and it is still a favourite of mine. I wonder if you found some applique to do?/??? you could try Dutch Treat????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marina cant wait to see your gossip in the garden quilt,hope the triangles sort out for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't ya hate it when you are short? and I agree hate 1/2 square triangles. Love the quilt though.... I also start a new project before finishing the multitude that I have on the go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a big task. Sewing them is okay but it's the trimming up that drives me crazy. Good luck sorting out what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes it can get tiresome making HSTs sew putting them aside for awhile is a good plan...
    Did anything new jump out at you or did you stay brave and not start a new project??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, itchy fingers to start something new - I know that feeling well, it sounds like you may be more restrained than I find myself being :-) How frustrating to be short with those HSTs...I guess a break from making them may make you a litle keener to make more. I'm looking forward to seeing your Gossip quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how annoying! Yes, not the most interesting of jobs. Not sure about a few more hours in the week - I could do with an extra day! And I don't work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...