Thursday, 17 December 2009

today's the day!

Well I have made it to the end of the year. Today is my last day for four weeks! I can't wait to come home tonight and crash and know I don't have to go to work tomorrow.
I have had a pretty nice lead up.
On Monday one of my favourite year 12's came in to school to visit me and she brought me a gift of a lovely pair of earrings. I was a bit gobsmacked. She is such a lovely girl and little did she know she had already given me a great gift some months ago. I was having a pretty crappy time at work and I was shopping on my day off. She walked past me and waved a big hello but then she doubled back to come into the shop to say hello and gave me a big hug. That small act of kindness meant so much to me, made me feel appreciated. I will definitely miss her.
Next great thing for the week is that I won the patterns for Helen Stubbing's Life is Beautiful bom. I had been hoping that I would win as I so want to make this quilt. I haven't been entering many competitions on blogs for a while as I don't seem to have much luck, but I had to enter Helen's.
I was so excited I nearly screamed. I don't think they would have understood at work! They think I am crazy enough as it is.
They say things come in threes so I am just hanging out for the third.
On of the girls at work gave me a new roll of sticky tape that fits my dispenser but I don't think I would like to count that as My third special gift (lol)
Hopefully the third thing will be my Christmas swap gift.
Saturday is Craft group break up and I have been busy sewing aprons for my Kris Kringle gift.
I am so happy with them I want to keep one for myself. I may just add something small and keep one! Will post pics when they are finished.
Roll on the end of the day!
cheers
Marina

(this is a pic a friend sent out for Christmas one year of her cat, looking less than impressed about Christmas. I think it reflects a little of my Scrooge look. That will change as it gets closer to the day. I just love her expression.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It does sound like you are having a fabulous week. Enjoy your holiday and congrads on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on winning the quilt pattern! I hope your third gift is awesome. Merry Christmas a bit early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break and your new pattern - perfect timing you will have plenty of time to drool and maybe even make a start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for the holidays!
    Congrats on your win and I wouldn't want to count the sticky tape either, but I know what it's like to find a roll that actually fits, lol.
    The look on the cat's face is priceless!
    Christmas Wishes

    ReplyDelete

Christmas stitching

 Well the holidays have come to an end and it was back to routine yesterday. I feel I have been very productive these holidays, letting the ...