Friday, 18 December 2009

day one.....

day one of holidays all I can say is YAHOO!
I got all enthusiastic last night and got block 12 of tisket tasket and the latest summer nostalgia block ready to go. I got so into the basket block that I actually finished it off this morning. I finally got to make a 'blue' christmas item.

Now I can start on block 4 of Dorothy's summer nostalgia bom.
tomorrow is my craft group break up lunch. Here is what I made for my kris kindle.

I also made a pot holder and am throwing in a few tea towels. I also made a second one to give her but I love it so much I don't think I can part with it-thus the need for the tea towels.
Each apron is made from two fat quarters. As the fabric seemed a bit soft I lined the apron with some homespun. I couldn't find a pattern so just winged it. they should pass the test. I just wish they were a little more slimming! (I think it shows how much chocolate I have been eating this last week)
Does my butt look big in this?
Have a lovely weekend
Marina

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely Marina, and your quilt block is just perfect!

    Glad you enjoyed Day One of your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays - the world should be full of them - continue to enjoy. Love the block and the aprons - I can see why you need to keep one for yourself, besides your partner can only wear one at a time. Enjoy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

new temptations....

 Well another week has just flown by. It would be nice to slow the days down sometimes. All my snowglobes are done but they aren't able ...