Friday, 29 May 2009

been awhile

Well another week draws to an end-only four weeks till school holidays YIPPEE!!

What do you do when you have lost your crafting mojo? I have dragged out my three blocks of the month to start on the latest block and I just put them all away again without doing anything. Like shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic!
The only thing I have kept up to date with and enthused about is the 'friends' swap. I only have d & n to go then it is off to Narelle.
these are the gift tage I made, I would love to show the items but can't until they are received!
I have already been thinking about the Christmas swap Khris is wanting to do.
I have so many things to get finished just need a few more hours or days in the week.
Yesterday I came home from work aching and feeling fluey (how do you spell that?). I have taken it easy today except for putting out washing as it has been a lovely sunny day with a slight breeze. I even washed three quilts that have been annoying me as they were a bit grotty. I suppose if I put them away they wouldn't get dirty but I wouldn't get to see them either.
Here are some delights I got in the past two weeks
Some felt squares from Hatched and Patched- I did have ideas for them but now they will have to wait. I just love the colours.


A new yo yo maker- the next size to the one I have. I love making them.
and here is photo of the fabric Els sent me from the Netherlands. She also cruelly sent a parcel that I am not to open till June 7. Doesn't she know I am terrible at keeping things secret or unable leave a treasure unopened. So far I haven't touched it-not even to squeeze it. Only a week to go!


cheers for now
Marina

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the felt! And the fabric from the Netherlands is great too! I haven't made yo-yo's yet, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love your FRIENDS tags...very cute..just thought I would drop over and say hi...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete

new temptations....

 Well another week has just flown by. It would be nice to slow the days down sometimes. All my snowglobes are done but they aren't able ...