Saturday, 11 April 2009

crafty day




Well have had a productive couple of days and managed to use up my charm pack that I won on Jemima's quilting blog. I toyed with how to use it for ages and decided that a small top or even table cover would be a quick and easy project. I have so many slow growing things on the go it is a change to start and finish something quickly. I started sewing yesterday and finished basting the top, back and batting today! Can't wait to start quilting but I need to get a new quilting hoop as mine has broken beyond repair.
The border fabric was my bargain $2 fat quarters. Talk about a budget top.
I am quite happy with it and it will also fit nicely over the back of the couch.
happy day.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely fabrics and great way to use a charm pack. Doesn't look like a budget top!

    ReplyDelete

new temptations....

 Well another week has just flown by. It would be nice to slow the days down sometimes. All my snowglobes are done but they aren't able ...