Saturday 13 May 2017

a day of fun, frivolity and spending!

Today I got to spend a most wonderful day with the blogger group. I can't remember the last time I went to a gathering but I so enjoyed todays outing.
I went with the city girls contingent and we met the others at Gisborne Patch and Quilt.
I just so happened to have a gift voucher that my work friends had given me as a farewell gift......I am going to put it towards making my own farewell quilt as all of them are non crafters.
The design I plan to make is Anni Downs-Gossip in the garden. Some beautiful fabrics that I will use as backgrounds came home with me, some bargain vintage looking fabric to back my clamshells with, and some other miscellaneous lovelies also jumped into the bag.


Now you might think there was lots of laughing and chatting going on and you'd be right but there was also some sewing and I managed to complete my penultimate Caswell block and then start on the final Caswell block!! I can't believe I have reached this wonderful milestone in just over a year.

some crochet progress, slow and steady on this one.....perfect take to work project to add to at lunchtime.

 When the city girls dropped me off after our day out a surprise was waiting for them as Hub had been busy baking a Dundee Cake.... well it was delicious and the girls scored a slice and a cup of home made coffee. I think it was worth the stop...
Well the photographic evidence of the days proceedings will be up shortly as Shez and Sue took lots of happy snaps.
Thankyou to all the lovely ladies for such an uplifting day in your company!
Happy mother's day to everyone tomorrow, well the mother's that is.
Cheers
Marina

19 comments:

  1. Yum, yum and double yum ... pretty block, lovely crochet and a very yummy cake ☕
    A geat start for a lovely Mother's Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina it was so good to catch up with you today ,it sure was awesome catching up with everyone.
    I love your purchases and I was very lucky to be able to admire your pretty flower block in person well done happy Mother's Day my friend xx


    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun day! Your Caswell block is stunning! I'm sure it would take me at least a year to make just one block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have had a great day out with the blogger ladies, some fabulous shopping and you got some stitching done too.
    Love your pink flower 🌺
    WOW 😳 what a delicious cake hubby made...

    Thank you for your special Mothers Day wishes.....
    Wishing you a lovely Mothers Day too 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have a lovely day out with crafty friends. The fabric purchases looks gorgeous. Love your Caswell block & crochet. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was wonderful to catch up with you yesterday Marina, even just briefly!! It is always great to hear you City girls laughing and chatting!! You did some impressive shopping...looking forward to seeing the Farewell Quilt grow. Your Caswell blocks are beautiful, you have done so well getting it finished!! How nice to arrive home to coffee and cake!! Well done Hub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice of quilt and fabrics.... what a lovely farewell gift - thoughtful for something you love doing....
    Yummy cake..... come visit us Joe!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done finishing that block. I hardly get any stitching done when I am at sewing days LOL. LOve your fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabrics that jumped into your bag, I'm sure it will turn into a stunning quilt. I loved seeing your scarf in iperson, just gorgeous, it was great to catch up with you yesterday ☺ Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for finishing that block ..it is looking so pretty.
    Smiles and love x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it seems I have missed a couple of posts... I hope your change in career goes well for you - 16 years is a long time at one place, I'm sure you will enjoy the change of scenery. Well done on the amazing work on your Caswell blocks - they are simply beautiful - I love the fussy cut bee, it looks right at home there! You've got a beautiful mix of fabrics for Gossip in the Garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a wonderful day out and the purchases are a nice bonus. Lovely work on your blocks and the crochet.
    You need to plan a few more of these days for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love catching up with you and the rest of the bunch. Like your pretties and Caswell... what can I say. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a fabulous day out with you all Marina ... and the stop at the Bugeja Bakery for coffee and cake on the way home was well worth it though Elyte and Robyn got breathalised afterwards and were a bit worried that the whisky in the Joe's cake might have put them over the limit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a good shopping session - gorgeous fabrics. Well done on finishing that block - there was something I read about your pressing method!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. great shopping.........glad you had such a lovely time with the girls.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our day out on Saturday was just what the doctor ordered. Joe's delicious cake was a lovely way to finish the day. You have done an amazing job with all those Caswell blocks. Looking forward to seeing them all together - bet you are too. Hope the week has been a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the colours in your crochet

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Marina. I am seeing if my message to you gets through this way. I have tried replying to the comment you left on my blog but it bounced back saying it was blocked. That was your AOL email. So I then tried your gmail and it also bounced back. I am wondering if I have been blocked by your system because I have been out of action for a while. Any thoughts. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...