Saturday 22 April 2017

Hello, It's me

Well just channeling my inner Adele there for a minute.
Can't believe it's been so long.... I'm still alive and crafting. All the good intentions haven't made for much blogging. So today I thought it was time to catch up and record my crafting for the past two months.
There have been some starts and some finishes and lots of stuff in between. Some catch ups with crafty friends have helped reignite some sparks, and it's lovely to have such wonderful friends.
Now beware there are a lot of pics.....
No falling asleep now?

two new Caswell blocks...... a third is nearly done which will leave two to do, getting exciting

 made a start on my large clamshells, finding it hard to get enthused but there's no hurry to finish.

I have four completed wreaths for my floral hopscotch quilt and just seem to have lost some of the passion for it, I think it's the fabrics..... so I have decided to rethink the remaining applique blocks and have been looking for something a little simpler to make it an achievable finish. I thought the checkerboard blocks were going to delay this but they were done quick smart at the start, luckily.

I am going to replace the other applique blocks with this North Carolina Tulips block that I found on the net ages ago. Rediscovered it when sorting my room out.
 So need a new camera so that the colours will show properly!
These two have just had the pieces popped on the backgrounds as a trial, I am going with it. I love that it will be simple and still keep that fresh feel and more importantly be a stress free project.



 On the school holidays I managed to finish the last few blue baskets and start and finish all the 9 patch blocks so that I could put this together. I am so happy with it as it uses up some of my Lucy Kemper blues stash. there doesn't seem to be much of a dent made though.... will think about that after I have worked out a backing for it maybe from the same stash. Dare I say it I am getting a little over blues lol

My woollen scraps that were made up into squares for quite awhile got made up into a small crocheted blanket. Lovely and bright!

I suppose a big reason for all this crafting is that I got my sewing room back. A little bittersweet as it meant my Favourite No. 1 son moved out again. It was lovely having him home with us for about 6 months but it is also lovely to have my sewing room back.
A little reshuffling and some new and altered furniture did the trick and I love it. All my treasures where I can see them and more importantly access them. Still a small space but better managed.


I have at last managed to hang a full size quilt on the wall much to hubbie's dismay. But as it's in my room I can get away with it....though it does set a precedent....
I get to show off my baltimore to great effect. It was made to go on that wall.

Well if you're still with me, thanks for hanging around and catching up with my goings on.
I will try to be a better blogger and not just stalk you all and actually comment too.
cheers for now
Marina



23 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with a break from blogging Marina, especially when you've been working on such beautiful blocks & projects.
    Great to see your name pop up ... & no I didn't fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!!! So much lovely stuff happening in your new and improved sewing room!! Love the Baltimore hanging up, well done you for getting one on the wall!! Your baskets quilt is beautiful too....those tulip blocks are going to look amazing!! Your Caswell blocks are stunning, I just love the Bumble bee!!! Clamshells look great too Marina!! So much glorious stuff to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see a post from you and to look at all your amazing work, which is of course as wonderful as ever. Your sewing room looks great, so fresh, inspiring and of course workable. That is something I really must try and get down, is clear my sewing studio so I can actually work in it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy. I have loved looking through all the blocks that you have been working on. You select lovely fabrics and your workmanship is beautiful.
    I am inspired by your baskets quilt. That is looking great. And I think that you have made good progress on your clamshells.
    And you have even squeezed in some crocheting!
    It is really special to see your quilt hanging on the wall. You can really appreciate it in all its glory!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you have been busy - such lovely work. It's nice to see your Baltimore Album hung so that you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some lovely quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness you always work on such gorgeous projects....
    Beautiful Caswell locks.. love the bee!!
    Your Clamshells are lovely colours...
    I like the Tulip Blocks and Blue and White are one of my favorite combinations sew the Basket quilt is beautiful.
    Your crochet blanket looks great and the Baltimore looks perfect on the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much fun...so beautiful :)
    love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy with fabulous projects. Love them all. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful caswell blocks and I love what you have planned with the other one. So lovely to catch up with you and your mum. Sometimes we need a break to regain our "oomph" for things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so nice to see you back.....lots of great projects.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you haven't been blogging, so many beautiful projects on the go and completed. I think we all need to focus more on actually doing things other than being on the computer LOL. Your baskets quilt is absolutely beautiful and I also love your crocheted blankie. So many gorgeous projects. Keep up the good work girl! Your appliques are always so beautiful. A true inspiration. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved catching up with all your creative doings and of course love everything! How lovely your Baltimore looks hung on the wall in your reclaimed sewing room A lovely post Marina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I am still here and stalking as usual. Thinking about blogging and never getting down to it. Lots of loveliness as per your usual high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many totally amazing projects... your needle turn is exceptional... ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Marina you do such beautiful work its always lovely to see what you are working on,so glad you have your sewing room back,hope you have a lovely week my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to catch up with all you have been doing Marina - less blogging, more sewing perhaps! Anyway beautiful things. Your Caswell blocks are looking lovely and your sewing space looks cosy - like mine! I love your blue baskets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so much gorgeous work... I do love reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing.... your baltimore looks just perfect up on the wall
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wondered how you were Marina~ glad to see you've been busy crafting away - it was nice to catch up with all your craftiness....your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, just love all your quilts! Clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a lot of lovely stitching there. Amazing how much you have done when you pull it all together.
    Beautiful work Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marina your work always blows me away, totally stunning my very talented friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. All that done in a few months? My, you are a busy lady!! :-) I love your circle wreaths, but I can see why it could get tedious after awhile. The tulip blocks will look beautiful in that quilt. And the blues quilt is beautiful as is the Caswell quilt, and the Baltimore quilt is sooo beautiful!! It was fun to see all that you've been up to! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...