Monday 24 April 2017

A fun filled day at AQC

Yesterday I got to spend a wonderful day with the City girls +1.
We all met up at Pope Joans a very trendy little eatery, for breakfast. We all had delicious meals before heading off to the Exhibition Buildings.
Lots of wandering up and down looking at inspiring fabrics and quilts made for some tired little girls lol
No one thought to take photos unfortunately.
Now what goes on tour stays on tour but I am happy to share my spendings....
While visiting the Somerset Patchwork stand with Annie I was struck by the inspiration bolt when I spied the most beautiful quilt hanging in the corner. I have always admired Karen's beautiful quilts but felt that they are a bit beyond my skills but this one seemed within them when I broke down all the rounds. With a little encouragement from Annie I finally straightened the arm she was twisting and got my purse out and bought this gorgeous pattern....
It may be a bit ambitious but I feel up for the challenge! Maybe......fingers crossed


Of course a new project needs a little stash starter?
Managed this all on my own without any help from Annie... but the lovely cream on the right was one of the last two pieces at a stall. Let's just say Annie got one too...... we both fell in love with it and thought it would be perfect for the centre medallion background. I am not going to start till Caswell is finished but it's never too early to prepare and I love building up a stash. I have lots of fabrics that suit in my stash so won't need too much extra spendings.

found another pic of some background fabrics I found while visiting some patchwork shops Hub and I encountered on our road trip to Eden a few weeks ago.... found a gorgeous shop in Rosedale, Lakes Entrance and Bairnsdale where we contributed to the economy. We did drive past a few others without stopping as I didn't feel I needed to stop at them all.
Not really needing additions to my fabric stash I figured it is always good to have a stash of backgrounds so I thought if I found some nice ones they could come home with me. Needless to say I found some nice ones...
here they are you be the judge...
well two posts in a short time....
let's see if I can keep it up.
Public holiday tomorrow for Anzac day. I could get used to these shortened working weeks.
Have a great week


Marina


14 comments:

  1. I can see why you fell in love....gorgeous! Love all your fabrics too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rosedale shop is amazing. When I drove home one time I stopped at every one. I think there was 8-10. Can't remember them all but it was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fabrics..enjoy your public holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you going to the AQS, everyone who's chblogged about it says how good it was :-) Love ly new project - and notheig wrong with a bit of stash builing when you have the chance - the fabrics you are choosing for it are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pattern. I've eyed that one myself. Sigh maybe one day. :). Love the fabrics. A good stash of backgrounds is always needed for sure. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new pattern is wonderful and those fabrics that you picked up are just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun day out for sure.
    Bought way too much but I am sure that I am ready for an as yet unknown future project.
    Okehampton will be no problem for you as you have tackled all those elements in other quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a good day out. What a lovely new pattern - lots of different design elements there. And of course you have chosen some delicious fabrics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course you have the skills for the new quilt! Love the fabrics. Nearly went on Sunday to AQC but decided against it. Glad you had a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful quilt Marina, I am sure you will manage it no problems! So Annie was a bit naughty huh!!! No change there. :-) Your fabric purchases are beautiful, great stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh you have some lovely fabrics there, cant wait to see the progress of your new quilt, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you found some lovely purchases. I enjoyed AQC this year and thought the quilts were really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should always start your day with a good breakfast 😉
    Great stash building and I'm sure you will create a beautiful quilt with your new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats a beautiful quilt to make........

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...