Thursday 23 June 2016

loooooots of photos..

Time is flying by and my poor neglected blog has seen little attention. I have been visiting here and there to see what everyone has been up to, sometimes commenting and sometimes not.
Seems like I have just lost my blogging mojo......
Facebook is a little to blame. It has been a wonderful way to keep up with no 1 son who is exploring the world and it seems to give instant gratification too, with a simple like, little commitment and eye candy by the truck loads. not to mention cute animal videos.
I thought I just had to share a most gorgeous squishy parcel that arrived in my mail from a wonderful and talented lady who I wouldn't have met had it not been for blogging so I fired up the computer and here we are...
Now I will warn you that there are going to be lots of pics as I bring you all up to speed with the crafting craziness that has been occupying my time.
Firstly the squishy!
an exquisite glasses case/purse and immaculately stitched book mark from Fiona (bubzrugz) I was gobsmacked... thankyou so much Fiona XX

Had to share two new finishes from Mum.... She completed these beautiful quilt tops last week, they were hanging over her head for a bit and were a hurdle to getting her back to her baltimore. Unfortunately the photos don't do them justice as there is so much detail, especially in the fairies one.


There has been lots of crochet with a rainbow ripple blanket done and having pride of place as my header.
Now where has Caswell been during this blogging absence....never far from my hands....
Here we go ...
firstly this probably has to be my favourite block. I love the birds and am pretty chuffed that I managed all those little pieces interweaving with each other as you pretty well have to work out the order yourself from the pattern sheets.
oops pardon the threads..




 this one hot off the needle last night.

I must say that I am really loving these blocks.....12 done 18 to go.
If you're still with me, thanks for sticking through all that. don't know when my next post will be but you are all caught up for now.
Hope all is well in your world
Cheers
Marina

21 comments:

  1. Hello Marina.
    Sew nice to see you pop up again...
    Beautiful gifts from Fiona.
    Your Mums two quilts are just gorgeous and I am sure they will be much loved by special little people...
    Loving your beautiful Blocks....Sew much work in each....
    Love your new header with the ripple crochet rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely applications blocks you made, well done marina,
    The quilts of you're mum are gorgeous,
    Hope that we see son more of your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the catch up. I'd rather it was your blogging mojo than your sewing mojo! LOVE the new header, I'm living vicariously through clever crochet-ers like you. Lovely quilts from your mum, good to have them finished. LOVE your applique blocks. Beautiful fabric choices, and wonderful technical detail, it's going to be a beauty. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Fiona is a clever girl....a gorgeous gift! I can see where you get your talent from Marina. Beautiful finishes by your Mum. Oh wow! Just loved seeing your gorgeous blocks....great way to start my day. You have done a fantastic job. Greta post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness your mums quilts are just gorgeous... what a lot of work. And I love your blocks, they are a huge amount of work too and looking just wonderful - there is such a lot of detail in them .... glad you like your pressie!!

    I have noticed blog posts and comments are down in general...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your caswell quilt. Mum's work is pretty gorgeous too. Lucky you with the squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mum's quilts are lovely, Marina. And your blocks ared beautiful. I love the bird family one too. Lovely gifts from Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful blocks Marina - thank you for firing up the blog to show us. I must admit i spend more time now on Instagram than facebook. Which I am sure is where I saw Fiona working on that absolutely delightful case! Lucky lady you are - I have a postcard from Fiona with some of her beautiful quilting on and it is just so beautiful. Well done Mum on completeing those two beautiful quilts and I do love the new header. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful to see you back!! :-)
    Love the new header...your Mum's quilts are beautiful!!
    Loving all your blocks, they are beautiful Marina! Never too many photos of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to see you back. Your Mum's quilts are wonderful.
    Loving the blocks you are creating you clever chicky you!! Beautiful treasure from Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so much to see.
    Love your gorgeous gifts from Fiona. They are really special!
    Mum's quilts look great. Lovely work in both of them.
    Your ripple blanket looks gorgeous in your header and I am sure it is warm and snuggly.
    Now those blocks are stunning. You have made wonderful progress on them and they are coming together so well.
    Facebook is perfect for keeping up with travelling family. I use it for the same purpose.
    Good luck finishing the last of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say that I was smiling when I saw your header. Love thst ripple blanket and the little hearts. I have become addicted to crochet myself. Loooooove your beautiful appliqued blocks, fantastic work. Your mum is a clever gal too. Thanks for the lovely pics. Quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering what you were up to!! The little case and gift from Fiona is gorgeous - lucky you and belated birthday wishes :-) Your mum's work is lovely too and I adore your applique blocks!!Well done on finishing the ripple - it looks beautiful there on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was worth the wait, seeing all this beautiful work. Fiona's gifts must have been a wonderful surprise. She is so creative. Please pass on compliments to your mum for those gorgeous quilts.
    And your blocks ....... don't let me anywhere near them or they will be gone!! I dream of such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely gifts from Fiona............your mum has made 2 beautiful quilts..........love your blocks..........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheer gorgeousness Marina, love the bird block and absolutely love your butterfly. Like mother, like daughter - two very talented and lovely ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blocks are beautiful Marina - you do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your applique is beautiful Marina and I love your Mum's quilts - they are such pretty colours. What a gorgeous rainbow ripple blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous parcel from Fiona and am loving your beautiful blocks. Lovely finishes from your Mum

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my!! I just love the little birdies feeding their little chicks!! Such a lovely block and fabrics you picked for all the little details!! Good to see that you have been busy! :-) Tell your mum that her quilts are lovely too: I'm sure the fairies are just wonderful when you get to see all the little details. :-) Hugs, h

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Marina,

    I just saw your beautiful purse on Fiona's blog. Your blocks with the vase of flowers is just so lovely as are the birdy ones. Your Mum does beautiful work, some very lucky recipients with those quilts. Hope your Son is enjoying his travels.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...