Friday 10 October 2014

baby blocks and baskets

Well it has been back to normal here this last week.  Thankfully the week has flown but holidays seem like they are a distant memory.
I have been working on my stitcheries and I have only Miss Kitty to go. Then I will need to think about how to put them together. I have an idea but it just needs to translate to actions.
I do enjoy these stitcheries though..

 At the end of last week I put these baskets together...
I thought I was so clever that they pieced together so nicely, reasonable job of the points but somewhere along the line I have sewn a smidge too much in the seam allowance and these blocks will probably be smaller than the others when they are completed. I will plod along and see where it ends up.
After some consultation with some of my cheerleaders I am not going to worry about it and hopefully it will work out.
(fingers crossed)

Tomorrow I am off to Kilmore Quilter's Quilt in with Liz and Rosalie.
Which reminds me I need to pack some crafting to do while I am there.....
...After I have cleaned this messy house and done the hunting and gathering!

Hope you all have a crafty weekend
Marina

23 comments:

  1. Hi Marina love these stitchery's and your blocks are awesome.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina I love your stitchery's they are so cute and your blocks are awesome,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet stitcheries! Good luck with your baskets and enjoy your day out xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching.
    I'm so sorry I won't be there to say hi. I am heading over now to help set up. Have a great day stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stitcheries are so cute, Marina. Enjoy the quilt in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute stitcheries. The baskets look great hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitcheries are so sweet, and the stitching is immaculate! It will be a lucky baby that receives this treasure. I think you soldier on with the baskets too.......if they are all a smidge too small, they will fit together at the end. Enjoy your stitching day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the way the stitcheries are turning out, I know it will all come together brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those stitcheries are just gorgeous.... love love love them... where did you find the patterns?
    the little blocks are lovely too.... I guess with all those seams it is hard to get them all exact...
    Enjoy your day tommorrow....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitcheries are so cute Marina and your baskets stunning - I'm sure it will all go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can always fudge a bit with those baskets, they are looking amazing. Looking forward to tomorrow. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sweet stitches..i love them x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the stitcheries are beautiful Marina... have a great time with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stitcheries Marina - looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Your baskets look great - hopefully if they are consistently the same (smallish) size it should all work out for you! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore your darling stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Marina,

    Oh you do do such lovely stitching. Good luck with the basket blocks.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute stitchings!
    Your baskets are looking neat.
    Heard you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Marina,

    I love the stitchery, too.
    Hope you are enjoying your day out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was great to see you yesterday yp here for our quilt-in, so glad you made the trip up the higheway :) Your stitcheries are so lovely, hope the idea translates nicely for you. Keep on with Sweet William it will all be worth it in the end, your baskets are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely stitchery's, and youre basketblocks Waauw.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful stitcheries, the basket blocks look lovely, good luck with fitting them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those stitcheries, you inspire me to practice, practice, practice. Sweet William is looking lovely, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute stitcheries and your baskets are wonderful...mmmm no shirt fabrics in them though.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...