Thursday 5 April 2012

A day in town...

Yesterday I spent a super day in town with the girls from work. We went to have lunch with a friend who left our work at the end of last year. We had such a good time chatting over lunch then seeing that we were in the city I asked if they wouldn't mind if I popped into a craft shop. I just had to visit L'Uccello especially as it was on our way to the train station. The shop was quite full of people. I wanted to buy some more shell buttons and I was very good as that is all I bought.
Tuesday night I sewed away till the gift top was pieced and before leaving for the train yesterday I got it sandwiched and pinned for quilting. I made some covered buttons to put in the solid coloured border in each corner. I love covered buttons.
(quilt details- fabric California Girl, House and vase design from a wall hanging published in Australian Country threads Vol 5 No 2 designed by Barri Sue Gaudet from Bareroots. Put together by me...)


the back

I am happy with how it has come together..

Here is a link to the most amazing Down in the Garden quilt http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/marlenes-quilt.html
The quilting is just beyond words and the quilt, well words escape me!
Thanks for the link Fiona- let me know when you are ready to quilt my DITG this way too.
I think I will check back to that photo whenever I feel in a slump with my own quilt.

Happy days!
Marina

18 comments:

  1. wow... it seems my stitching friend is a designer too? this is really lovely... are you hand quilting? I love pieced backings... I keep going back to that link for inspiration too and now another blog to read on a regular basis!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well only buying what you went in for ... A good reason to treat yourself nextime ;)
    The quilt is going to be a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Marina its beautiful,well done on such a lovely finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a fabulous time. I am so much in love with this little quilt, it is delightful. Off to check out that link now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up with friends is a lovely way to spend time. Your quilt is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marina what a georgius top you made.
    Nice with the applique and stitchery in the middle (centre).

    It was quick to made

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous....looks lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little quilt is coming along - will it get a lot of quilting like that DITG quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a beautiful quilt Marina...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Marina,

    Your friend will certainly appreciate the quilt. Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it is so beautiful , I especially love the center applique ,you are very creative :-) Thanks for the link I am going to check it out , I could use some inspiration about now . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is gorgeous - Love the simplicity and the centre piece is perfect.
    Sounds like a fun outing. So happy you got to visit your favourite little shop in the city.
    Hope the bunny is generous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased you had a good day.....love your quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Marina. I think the quilt captures your sentiments beautifully. The colours and design look great. Well done.
    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Marina, this quilt is just beautiful, I'm sure your friend will love it. The fabrics are colours are so soft and pretty. I had a look at the link, it is amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...