Thursday 10 November 2011

beware lots of pics....

 I wish they were mine......
these two quilts were made by my mum for my cousin's two children.
The last time I showed this monsters quilt it didn't have the borders.
Please excuse the photos I will replace them once I get better ones but we were fighting the clouds that wanted to open up on us.  thanks to a lovely sunny day I have replaced the old dull photos with some new ones.
These photos are much better and show the true colours in the quilt.


the needleturn applique is just perfect. I know where I get my obsessiveness from!

This is mum's latest finish, just back from the quilters.
The photo doesn't quite show how lovely and bright those pinwheels are. They are just gorgeous. The original pattern was for a small wall hanging (design by Chitter Chatter design). Mum enlarged it to fit a single bed and added the extra floral border (taken from another quilt design) and added the circle of butterflies in the corners to finish it off. It's just beautiful.
The quilting just finishes it off perfectly.






detail of the quilting.

Would love to kidnap both of these quilts.
Well done mum!
Now to get that binding done...
cheers
Marina

23 comments:

  1. Wow!! Now I see where you got your talent from! These both quilts are absolutely beautiful. Compliments for your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Now I see where you got your talent from! These both quilts are absolutely beautiful. Compliments for your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marina... those are so awesome.... I remember seeing them before the borders are done and they are just perfect and highlight them so well..... we could arrange a kidnap next week? Please pass on my awesome congrats to you mum.... you both do beautiful work
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum is a STAR!! Now I know where you get your talent from. Her work is stunning... I love the monsters but my special favourite has to be Jack & Jill... those borders are fabulous. Two little people are very lucky indeed to be getting these quilts. I'm sure they'll be treasured by them till they are old and grey (the kids not the quilts)! Congrats mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't kidnap them if I get to them first :)
    Both are soooo gorgeous and I can see where you get your talent from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would quilt nap these quilts too. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I would love to have both of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your mum. Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful are the quilts! I love the "bubble" one, so much work, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waauw Marina, youre mum made wunderfull Quilts, they are so perfect I,m a little bit jealous.

    The patterns waauw and the colours lovely.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marina...I can see where you get your talent from..they are lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Marina, those are amazing, your mother is extremely talented as well I see. So so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Mum's quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky children they must be so excited - if not you should definitely do some quiltnapping! Is a love of butterflies a family thing then??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I know where you get your talent from.
    Wow! your mom does fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure is handy when Mum's pass on the creative gene! Beautiful quilts to make some little people very happy and cosy.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mother's quilts are incredibly beautiful, such an amazing amount of work! I really love the Jack and Jill one, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these quilts, I can see why you would want to quilt-nap them both! Great bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Marina, they are spectacular. The recipients of these quilts are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Marina, these quilts are just incredible.. such a credit to your mum.. Thankyou so much for showing us..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your monsters are AMAZING I love the colous and the circles and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun, Fun, Fun, great job Mum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...