Friday 30 September 2011

busy, busy...

My regular projects have taken a bit of a back seat at the moment due to two projects that have cropped up. I decided last weekend that I would make a small cot quilt for my great niece's christening Sunday week. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute and making it up as you go. I have been making great progress and may even meet my deadline! I am sure my niece will understand if it takes a little longer....



Since taking these pics the applique has been done and I changed the green dividing border. A girl can change her mind can't she?
The fabric is Bliss, a jelly roll and charm pack that has been waiting eagerly to be used. There is some left over so her older sister may get a small throw too (but not these holidays!)
A friend from work is to become a grandmother and asked if I could make a little quilt for the new baby- A nursery rhyme theme and appliqued. 
I loved mum's version of the quilt of Jack and Jill (by chitter chatter designs) so thought this would be perfect. Mum's has gone to the quilters so I will get a pic of it when it comes back.  I have been getting the applique bits ready, I just need to decide on the background. I put the pieces on a piece of cream and I think it is a little wishy washy. I may try for a pale blue like in the original pattern. Jack and Jill don't have their faces cut out yet as mum has graciously put her hand up to needleturn the applique for the faces to they won't have the blanket stitch around them. Thanks mum! XO
Before starting these lovelies I had to finish a ufo. The binding got done on these runners made from my birthday fabrics I received from Els and Fiona. Fabrics from opposite sides of the world matched up for the one project!
for those that are into milk jugs.....
Here is my little collection...
 the one on the left belonged to my mother in law and the one at the back was my nanna's. I think that one may be crystal.
two of these are from my Portland trip, the centre one from an antique shop in Lancefield. I just love them all.
Here is another pic of something that I am a little addicted to....
No 3 son went to the Royal Show yesterday and my one request was for some of this....
It comes in buckets too but I think he thought some moderation may be in order.
My personal best is three bags in one afternoon. It is like nibbling a cloud.
Food of the Gods!
And guess what there is no Fat content! It says so on the packet so it is almost diet food.....
Hope you have a lovely crafty weekend
Marina

11 comments:

  1. What an adorable quilt! Your niece is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waauw Marina. The quilt with the flowerapplique will be wunderfull.

    You tempo is pffffffffffffff, and make such wunderfull things

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your baby quilts... how did you do your lettering? I like that font... you have been so busy... those hexies are a lot of work.... looking forward to seeing what you do with Jack and Jill.... apparently you can tell crystal by flicking it with your nail.. it makes a certain ting.... haha how do you explain a sound? so nice the fabrics match.. us bloggers are psychic... aaaaaah... I can't believe you eat that stuff.... nooooooooooo. haha... such a long comment.... your fault for showing us such a lot of yumminess
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the fabric you used for your nieces gorgeous quilt.
    Nice jugs and enjoy the No Fat Fairy Floss. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects o the go there Marina! The Baby quilt is cute as is the Jack & Jill! Love the idea of connencting friends bu quilting! And your jugs are sweet - got one similar to the one in the last pic far right but in amber glass!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of your bliss fabrics. A very pretty quilt.
    Oh those creamers are so pretty. Love the way each of them is cut differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post Marina. All your projects are lovely and your milk jugs are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the hexies and fabric in your great niece's quilt, it's adorable.
    Can't wait to see Jack and Jill at the top of their hill :)
    Well done on some pretty UFO finishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marina,

    You have one lucky niece,very special quilt.
    Love those little jugs,so useful.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very sweet quilt and I so love the name placed on the border. Cute Jack & Jill and lovely jugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack and Jill is looking like a lot of fun.
    Guess the Fairy floss is a distant memory - it is a lot of fun too and no fat - delicious!
    Love the little quilt you have put together for your niece the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...