Tuesday 20 September 2011

block two....

I have been busy stitching away on various things and trying to get some catch up goodies made by the 25th for my Christmas items and of course making sure I am on track for my FRIENDS swap.
Block two for Down in the garden is done! I wasn't looking forward to stitching the birds but that opinion has changed and I love them sitting amongst the blossoms.
I changed their beaks a little to make them fuller, (no silicone used at all).
Here is the whole block.....


 block one and two together.....


Now it will go away till next month.

In the meantime two new patterns came in the mail. I bought them from Patchworks Plus an online store in Tasmania. Sarah has really competitive prices and often has specials on postage. I previously bought my Down in the Garden and the Tis the Season patterns from Sarah and the service is fantastic.
 I really like the applique on the sewing Angels pattern and of course there are hexie flowers!
 I just had to start this stitchery. It is just gorgeous and a perfect project to do in between down in the garden blocks. The pattern came with pre printed linen and Cosmo threads. I hadn't used the Cosmo threads before but they seem thinner than the DMC. I prefer the fullness of the DMC cottons but I will see how I go with the rest of the stitchery before making a final decision for preference. I am not minding the linen, seeing as it was pre printed it was very handy. There is a lot of tracing to do otherwise.
Of course I didn't neglect my Bakehouse stitchery and it was finished before starting this new redwork project, I just forgot to photograph it. I have put together two out of the three runners using Michelle's gorgeous stitcheries. No reveal till they are quilted!
Hope the week has been a good one so far!
Cheers
Marina

19 comments:

  1. Your lovely projects have a very "Spring" feel about them. Just lovely. Thanks for the tip about Patchworks Plus. I have already seen a few things that I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving Down in the Garden! But this little Christmas stitching looks cute too! Busy, busy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your down in the Garden quilt is looking divine and I love the new patterns you have chosen. I'm off to the shop now to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful. Love the Down in the Garden blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, those blocks look so great together. well done.
    Oh, that is so neat to have that pattern printed for you. That would be tough to trace with all those little details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just love block 2. Are you putting the block together and then stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birdies are gorgeous. The Down in the Garden blocks look lovely together.
    I got the Wreath stitchery this week too, but I think it may just be a little while before I get started. I will do mine in a variegated or overdyed thread rather than the plain red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, oh ,oh... lots of lovelies.. the new block is great... so pretty.. and lots of stitching in it.... and I love the new patterns you have bought... yummy...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marina, love it love it love it... The Down in the Garden blocks are incredible.. can't wait to see more..
    Thank you for the hint about Patchworks Plus, you should take commission!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just feel happy everytime I see those blocks Marina they are so lovely. Can't wait to see the runners...your fingers must have been flying or else your stitching in your sleep without knowing it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of gorgeous stitching happening in your house :o)
    I love the flowers in the watering can and the fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marina what beautiful projects you are doing,lol,glad you didnt have to use silicone,lol,i do like what you have done with the beaks,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marina, yiur stitchery blocks are beautifull, you work is perfect. It is a pleasure to see your work.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Down in the Garden is incredibly beautiful, I love the colours and your stitching. Your new patterns are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Down in the Garden blocks, they are gorgeous Marina. The end result is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Down in the Garden blocks look so pretty. I love every bit of it. Bakehouse stitchery sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love what you have done with the heart on the redwork stitchery, wish I had thought of that! I have just started this one as well. About half finished now but this is my start -

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...