Wednesday 6 July 2011

disappearing nine patch

It's school holidays in Victoria at the moment and the weather has been so cold and windy. So what is a girl to do? You know the answer : Sew
I didn't get around to doing a wish list but a project I had wanted to work on was my disappearing nine patch.
I started it during the Christmas holidays I think and all the blocks were ready to put together. So with nothing on tv again I sat and sewed and I have my first finish for the holidays. It will fit a single bed nicely.
It was too windy to put it on the clothes line so the clothes horse will have to do.

Last night I decided to not wait anymore for my hexie swap flowers for June and just go ahead and finish my scrappy garden. I worked out I needed three more flowers so I have cut them all out, as well as the green and cream filler hexies. I am hoping to have it finished over the next week.

Happy stitching!
Marina

14 comments:

  1. Hello Marina,

    Great quilt love the border fabric,hope those missing hexies turn up sometime soon. Nothing like getting on and finishing a quilt. Stay warm.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which hexies are you missing from June. I will chase them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the finished top ... such lovely blue fabrics.
    Look forward to seeing your garden complete.
    Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Lovely quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing your flower garden quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a UFO that is for my DD that uses the border fabric and another fabric that looks amazingly like your other patterned fabric. I'll post a blog about it tomorrow so you can see. Too funny! And nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect school holiday sewing weather.
    Your blues look fabulous. Look forward to seeing all your flowers together.
    Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go girl! you are motoring on and getting things finished! And it is all looking great - looking forward to seeing those hexies finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful, you are getting lots done! I can't wait to see your hexie quilt, it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic disappearing 9 patch.... great top... and lots of bits cut for your hexies..... thanks for sending that @@@&** icy wind up here.... phew - icicles in my boots!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your disappearing nine patches. A perfect project for the weather that we have been having.
    There is a quilt show at Genazzano College in Kew this week end by the Patchworkers and Qulter's guild of Victoria Inc, July 7th - 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely blue colours you needed for your top, and what a nice pattern.

    In holland its now about 20 degrees and we had now rain.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never done a disappearing nine patch. I need to put it on my list of to-do's. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marina well done on the quilt it looks fantastic....and have fun with the hexiex...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know Marina, now I've read this, I don't think I received a hexie for June either!

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...