Sunday 5 February 2017

lazy sunday afternoon...

Back into the work routine and it is making me really treasure the weekend and be a little selfish with my time too. If I have to stress about fitting something in then I don't want to push myself . What will be will be.
I need to realise I can't do everything.
Included in that selfishness is making my crafting time available.....after looking after the essentials.
Today I got to play in the afternoon and get some binding sewn onto the two little quilts that Fiona quilted for me. They look amazing and I want to gift the baby quilt tomorrow so tonight's job will be sewing down the binding. I wanted the quilting to look a bit modern and not too complicated. Fiona filled that criteria beautifully.
 With this small clamshell quilt I told her to do whatever took her fancy and it is gorgeous!!
Not sure what i will use this for perhaps a table topper? Have put a sleeve on it just in case I want to hang it.
This year there is going to be a reduction in flimsies!


My return to my Caswell project has continued.... One block finished and another ready to go.

I'm going to mix it up with this one and make the flowers in purples. We'll see how it goes. I'm not very adventurous usually but I have added a few purples in other blocks so it should tie in ok.
stay tuned.
Hope you have had some crafty time this weekend too.
cheers
marina

17 comments:

  1. Your clam shell quilt is lovely and the quilting is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona has done some of her magic with your quilts. The clamshells looks beautiful.
    Always impressed with your Caswell blocks.
    Glad you enjoyed your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really beautiful quilts Marina. I still bring out your cushion cover and heart every Christmas that you made me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice you can find some me time and do some sewing...
    Fiona has put perfect finishing quilting on both your quilts...they look fabulous..
    Your Caswell block is lovely and I'm sure the purple on the next one will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous Clamshell quilt, and beautifully quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love your clamshell quilt !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Marina, your clamshells are absolutely beautiful!! (and your Caswell isn't too bad either :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilting on the clamshell quilt and just love your Caswell quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilting is beautiful and as are your piecing and applique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your clamshell quilt too: so pretty and feminine. Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done with getting the binding straight on.... did she love it?? I had such fun with those clamshells, thanks again for letting me play. Your blocks are stunning - it shows that you are enjoying making it. I don't think there is anything wrong with being 'selfish' with your time - us girls have spent many times for the others in our lives... some 'ME' time is very modern thinking??? we need to keep up...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those quilts are lovely and the clam shells are very pretty. It is a good idea to put a sleeve on the back so you can display it 2 ways. Love your applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lot of beautiful eye candy in this post Marina. All your work is so lovley - and maybe all the more precious now that your time is limited again! Fiona has done a lovely job on your quilting but the work beforehand was just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is very important (not selfish) to have some sewing time..you need to do something you love to get over the stress of work. Your clamshells are just beautiful, Fiona certainly did an amazing job. The Caswell block is also beautiful, your needle turn is stunning!! The baby quilt is gorgeous too. Lots of wonderful creations at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both quilts have come up so well with their quilting. Hope you managed to finish the binding. That one is a lovely baby gift. The clam shells will be great hanging or as a table topper. Lovely.
    Your Caswell blocks are wonderful. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the clam shell quilt is smashing. love the quilting.

    and a really sweet applique block too.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...