Tuesday 24 January 2017

back to normal tomorrow

Time has flown and it is already time to get back to work tomorrow...
It's always a little sad but they don't pay me to stay at home so it will be off to work I go.
But firstly I'll fill you in on what I've been working on.
A new crochet project for a friend's birthday in her favourite team colours...
I am using an 8 ply  pure wool (made in Australia from Australian wool!) from Bendigo woollen mills and it is so beautiful to work with and so soft.
Great value price too and they offered free postage on my order.
 Slow and steady on the quilting of Sweet William.... I was about half way there then decided that I needed to go around the blocks on both sides of the seam as well so this will be a longer term project .
 9 basket blocks to go and 6 wreath blocks then all those outline rows and half of the half triangles on the outer edges.
For a last day outing Mum and I went to spotlight. I have been very good adhering to a fabric diet but saw the gorgeous Jo Morton  fabric for the bargain price of $6 per metre and I just could not leave it there... of course I had to come up with a reason that I needed it and so it will be the backing for my Caswell Quilt.. I bought the rest of the bolt and I am set. The green piece is so pretty unfortunately the photo doesn't show its beautiful deep colour- poison green I think it's called. 
Soon I'll get back to Caswell..... I am missing it a lot but need my room back first.

Well that is my catch up for now, not much exciting going on I'm afraid just slow and steady on bigger projects. I am determined to finish some tops off this year. There are some flimsies that are earmarked for hand quilting and some I will send to the lovely Fiona of Bubz rugz to work some magic on
I feel that I have too much unfinished business and it needs to be sorted.
I'll leave you with some cute lego people.. No 2 son is sorting some of his things out before he moves homes and he brought these home, off course we need them here! They are so cute.. I am quite taken with Tarzan and Cheetah. Very cute  I also love the Valkyrie... can hear the ride of the valkyrie playing in my head....



Here is a youtube video... to share my inner orchestra. just don't imagine the helicopter airships from Platoon....

Happy days!
Marina

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet William is looking amazing! Great find with that fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects... have fun tomorrow 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Sweet William, Marina, it's so beautiful! The rippple is looking great too, it's such a good pattern to use, I'm sure I have another of those in me one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you have used your time very productively. Lovely crochet work and beautiful hand quilting.
    Good luck with back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet William is looking amazing... you are so clever. It amuses me that you love those lego people.
    I never find great fabric and bargains in Spotties - well done and great music to end the post!!! Off marching I go back to your pretty quilts!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...