Friday 18 March 2016

no fuss easter swap

It's seems ages since I have done a swap so when Teresa (all things vintage) and her tuesday stitching girls decided to run a no fuss swap I thought why not?
It was very specific that it was a no fuss swap, just send what was specified-nothing more nothing less.
Well you can't go wrong with that can you...
I received a sweet as mug rug from Norreen..
such amazing neat little applique stitches.

fits in perfectly with the other easter decorating.




 and this is what I sent to Sandi..
 couldn't resist this stitching... might need to make another one...put it on the list.
hoping to get some serious Lucy kemper stitching hapening this weekend as I have the last corner all prepared ready to stitch away. Once that's done this beautiful project will be over and I will miss working on it but by the same token I will have a gorgeous new top to get quilted.
and then......maybe some work on a block of the Caswell quilt? I have cut out the freezer paper templates for the first four blocks.Let me say lots of little pieces!oh boy.
 I plan to mostly use my stash but need a few more fabrics to boost the variety of colours.
These fabrics are the contenders for the background fabrics for this project.


I want to mix these up and use different fabrics  instead of having to go out and spend up big on new fabrics. We'll see how I go with that one? Wish me luck lol
hope you all have a great weekend filled with stitches
cheers
marina



13 comments:

  1. I love a no fuss swap, and this one is very cute! Your egg stitchery is lovely, of course you will have to do another one. Enjoy your weekend of sewing. I am rather partial to mixed backgrounds, you have a nice selection to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mug rug from Norreen, love your background fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet mug rug you got and the one you sent... I do love your stitching and the interesting patterns you find... lovely fabrics...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Castello quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a lovely swap, Marina...like both what you received and what you made! I love the idea of no-fuss as well, keeps everyone on track! Have fun playing with your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lovely Mug Rugs Marina,
    Happy Easter and Happy Stitching.
    Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swap gifts. Love the idea of the no uss swaps...I'm doing their tin swap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous mug rugs Marina - that's my kind of swap, no fuss, great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swap idea. ...lovely gifties sent and received. I am looking forward to watching your progress on your new quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great swap Marina, wonderful mug rigs both ways!! Lovely fabrics you have chosen for your back ground. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ideas for this swap. Your stitching on the Easter egg is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you have jumped right into your new project. Lovely little gifts given and received. Love your stitchery, it really says "Happy Easter".

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous is that mug rug! Looove that stitchery. So many lovely projects and great fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...