Monday 20 July 2015

one more finish closer.....

Yesterday the sun was shining so after a morning walk with Coffee I earmarked the day for finishing the large  machine appliqued baltimore. There was one block to go and then the sashings and borders.
Hip hip hooray it got done. I took it to work to show my colleague that had requested the make and she loved it. I was half hoping that she wouldn't like it and I could keep it for myself as I am loving this project more than when I started it.  The original was a big 9 block quilt but as it is more of a throw for a child, four blocks were about my limit. Keeping it simple.
I ventured out in the frosty garden this morning to take a pic...
 
It will have the binding done in the red. It seems so difficult to get a pic that shows the colours accurately. They are quite bright and cheery.
Off to the quilter's this week hopefully....
and now just because some of you asked for it......
some pics of the entire Park Avenue Hexie quilt..
 and this one just because I love those fussy cut birds.
Last week I did some cutting out of 6 Sweet William blocks so they are all ready to be pieced.
Now that the machine baltimore is done I am one step closer to my new start!
Woo Hoo!
hope you all have a wonderful week
Marina


21 comments:

  1. Would you Adam and Eve it... I'm first to comment! Wow... Park Avenue is stunning in all it's hexie gorgeousness. Good choice of favourite hexie block... it'd be mine too. Amazing work... be proud. Loving the baby Baltimore too. Lucky lady... getting it made for her.
    Have a brilliant week. I'm off to celebrate being 'first' Hope no one has sneaked in while I was writing.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Park Avenue is just delicious!!! Love it. The Baltimore is beautiful too. Lucky you live so far away....a drive by would be on the cards lol! Clever girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marina your work is amazing my friend,love them all,you are very talented my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you would love to keep the quilt for yourself. Its lovely..
    Your Park Avenue Hexie quilt is gorgeous.. Beautiful hand quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hexie quilt!!!! Thanks for the photo. Did you use just one line of fabric? Your Baltimore is very nice, too. I'm getting ready to start my first Baltimore album, and I'm thinking 4 blocks, but they won't all be the same. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Baltimore quilt is gorgeous as is Park Avenue. The birds are very cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both beautiful!! The applique is gorgeous on its own, but the hexie quilt is just amazing!! And it's so funny to hear you say that you ventured into the cold this morning for pics: we're going through a hot spell!! :-) North and South! :-) Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Park Avenue, your Baltimore looks great love your colours and fabrics !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you'd like to keep the Baltimore, it's beautiful, and you have done such a good job on it. Love your hexies of course, such a nice fabric range to use too. You're on fire lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! How proud are you! Those quilts are both sooooooo lovely. You have certainly been extremely busy stitching and it has paid off. Well done girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marina, I love your red and green quilt, its always been on my list to make one, I would be finding it hard to give away too! And Park Avenue is gorgeous too. All inspiring sewing! Sounds like Coffee is all OK now, I'm so glad x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Baltimore quilt is just beautiful Marina. I didn't realise you had to give it away. Your hexie quilt is amazing and so beautifully done and love your fussy cut hexies

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your quilt top is lovely.... clever you....

    love how you fussy cut your hexagons.... just makes that little bit extra special... it's such a gorgeous quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love both the quilts Think I would be wanting to hang on to the Baltimore too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shame she liked the quilt for sure..........you could have kept it..........love the fussy cut birds.........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waauw youre are so fast to make such lovely quilts Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work! I can see why she loved it.:) And your stitching on the hexies is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Baltimore is stunning as is the Park Ave quilt...if it needs a home there is space here!! The fussy cut birds are just amazing...well done! Hope Coffee is back to his usual self.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow....I love the hexie quilt and those fussy cut birds are the sweetest. Beautiful work all round.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, you do such gorgeous quilts. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...