Sunday 24 May 2015

pincushion swap

Is seems a while since I took part in a swap but I jumped at taking part in a little swap organised by Susan of Thimblestiich and today is reveal day!!
I love it when you have to try to work out your partners likes and dislikes.
So after some not too obvious stalking of Dawnies blog I came up with a few options but narrowed it down to this...
I enjoyed working with the subtle colours and hope to make myself one with the leftovers.
 this is the gorgeous pin cushion I received from Deb of frogcottage designs.  Who would have guessed I would love a hexie design? I absolutely love it and Deb has used so many beautiful fabrics. She also included some pretty little theodora cleave buttons (oops didn't get a pic of them) There are also hexies on the bottom, and those prairie points are perfect. Love it thankyou so much Deb and big thanks to Susan for organising the swap.
 There has been slow progress here on my blueberry ripple blanket and last week I was missing Sweet William a little bit so pulled out a few blocks to work on....

those little pink flowers were quite a test and luckily I got some practice for my new Baltimore block as  it has lots of similar flowers on the current block.
Have made a flying start... lots more applique to go on this one, I'm loving it.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
Off to a dog club day today so Coffee will be having a great day at a pet resort with other curly four leggers.
happy days
Marina

28 comments:

  1. Love the pretty pincushions. They are sew different . Lucky ladies..
    Beautiful Baskets of flowers. The tiny flowers are tricky but look great.
    Have a enjoyable day out .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marina,wow I love both the pin cushions,you clever ladies,what a lovely swap . Oh Marina your sweet William blocks are gorgeous,I hope you have a wonderful Sunday my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pin cushions. Both are really lovely. Your needleturn applique blocks are coming along nicely. Busy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pincushions are awesome!! And your applique blocks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Coffee had a wonderful day out!! Both your pincushions are beautiful Marina..love that little card.....your Sweet William blocks are great too...that next Baltimore is looking good too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my pleasure Marina! Tis easy when we have similar tastes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pincushions. Love your blocks. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How excited am i to be the new owner of this gorgeous oin cushion. Just love it, and was a geeat swap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing my name was Dawnie right now! love the pincushion you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is gorgeous... Love a pretty pincushion xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful pin cushions and what a great idea for a swap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a marvellous job making for Dawnie. Great fabric choices. Your applique is lovely too, no fear of running out of things to applique for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on the pin cushions. Love the little bird on the one you made. And the one you received is gorgeous,too.
    Great to see the sweet william blocks out and about again - they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pincushions Marina. Love the one you made for Dawnie and the one Deb made you is gorgeous. Enjoying your beautiful blocks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow they are gorgeous...love your blocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I LOVE what you made and what you received.. what a beautiful swap! Sweet William is looking gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pincushions hard to pick a favourite. The applique blocks look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both pin cushions are gorgeous, Marina. Your applique is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love both those pincushions... a hexie tuffet pincushion to play with and an adorable one sent out... it has been lovely seeing all the different ones.... love all your stitching projects... your needleturn is lookign perfect...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful pin cushions. Lovely idea for a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Marina,

    My goodness the pincushions are so lovely, I just want to pat them.
    How big are the Sweet William blocks?

    Happy days.
    Bev C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both pincushions are gorgeous and I love your blocks, such a lot of needleturn!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your work. What a nice gift to give and receive

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Marina, wow they are both amazing pincushions... love the hexy one...
    (now I'm seeing all these beautiful pincushions, I wonder how did I not see this swap & join in?!)

    Lovely to see SW make an appearance, the blocks are looking wonderful
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A perfect swap gift for you with all those pretty hexagons. I think that you chose the perfect applique pattern and fabrics for yours. Good to see a bit of Sweet William again and that you are enjoying your Baltimore project

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely work and design on your pincushion for Dawnie.
    Looks like Deb has you pegged...or is that hexied? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colours in your pin-cushion! Deb's hexie one is so lovely too :) Nice to see you are still getting on so well with William :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Do you have a pattern for your pincushion?

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...