Sunday 14 September 2014

blocks ahoy!

after a couple of marathon sewing and cutting sessions the fat quarters from the previous post havebecome this lovely pile of signature blocks ready to go tomorrow to be signed. 110 in all.
That little tin next to the blocks has all the off cut  triangles. As the recipient of this quilt is also a quilter I think it only fitting she get these triangles so that she can make something with them. They have come together quite quickly but I did have some support on call in case it got too much for me.
I have cut borders also and Fingers crossed we will be putting the top together tuesday night.

 Last night I delivered a special quilt for one of my great nieces. I had picked it up from the quilter friday and got the binding done yesterday at craft group. I forgot to take a pic of the finished quilt but it was very well received. Her two older sisters have also received a quilt and I got to see how well loved they are first hand.
It is so satisfying seeing a well loved quilt! My niece was concerned as to whether the quilts could wear and what happens if they wear. I replied that they will get a new one!
(this was the top before quilting)
hope you have had a crafty weekend too!
cheers
marina

15 comments:

  1. Signature blocks looking amazing. You did a great job to get them done Marina. what a sweet quilt for your great niece

    ReplyDelete
  2. If shopping for supplies with fellow crafters counts, then my weekend was a crafty one!
    Love the blocks and the leftovers for the recipient.
    Good Luck with the construction of the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress with the signature blocks. Most impressive.
    I can see why your niece loved her quilt. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signature Kaffe blocks are looking great...

    What a pretty wee quilt for your little niece..
    Nothing nicer than a quilt that is well loved and then having to make a new one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with the blocks! What are you going to use to write on them? I haven't managed to find a pen that doesn't bleed. Your baby quilt is gorgeous, I am with your niece, can't bear the thought that something so beautiful still wear out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! The fabrics look beautiful with the embroideries. The signature blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt for your great niece is so sweet - just right for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is such a pretty quilt....I love the idea that if one quilt wears out they will get another! and well done with all the signature blocks....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marina,well done getting all those blocks finished and boy i do love the quilt,what a special gift to give,hope you have a wonderful day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! and oh my what a darling little kitty and gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Marina - glad you got them done and they look great. Love the pretty pink quilt too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on all that stitching! It will all come together and I love the gifting of the off cut triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knew you could do it. Was there any doubt? Glad to hear that those quilts are well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done getting the blocks done!!! Love the quilt for your great niece!

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...