Friday 21 March 2014

a whole lot of stitching going on

Stitching seems to be distracting me from quilting but I am enjoying doing some projects that I have on my list of to do's.
My great nieces christening quilt is progressing but won't make it for Sunday gift giving. I know my niece will understand. I just need to buy some fabric for the border of the stitchery and then I can work out the size and how to arrange the hourglass blocks
Little miss kitten will grace the centre, you may recognise her from my blanket of love that I made.
 She's been spruced up in vintage red and should blend well with the Scrumptious fabrics.
Another little blanket of love is in the process of coming together.
I have reused a pattern I bought and used a few years ago, and Ella and Skysie design. It has lovely little stitcheries that suit this project. Here are some big pics of a few of my favourite ones...



the contrasting blocks and border ready to go, perhaps the next school holidays' project.....
Another stitching project is one that came to me from Anthea of Hibiscus stitches. (you can click on the link to see Antheas cross stitch)  It is a travelling cross stitch pattern. Thsi pattern started it's journey in 2011 leaving south Africa where next it spent a few years in the UK then made it's way to Poland and from there it arrived in Western Australia.
It is a lovely little design and of course I had to start it straight away as i had prepared the linen and cottons as soon as I had won the pattern.
Some left over cottage garden threads from my Christmas stitching was a perfect pick.
Once I have finished stitching the pattern it will be ready to go onto it's next home.
I have prepared some blocks for my new project but have been a little side tracked with these other bits and pieces. Won't be long......
Definitely need to make that list!
Think I might do that right now....
Have a wonderful weekend and hope it involves some crafting
cheers
marina


ps...
Anthea is also trying to organise a bloggers meet in Western Australia. If she was a little closer I'd be there in a flash as we all know how much fun meets are.... If you are interested pop over to Antheas blog and touch base as she would love to hear from you.


18 comments:

  1. oh Marina these are so cute,love them all and love your cross stitch too,you clever chicky.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your stitcheries are just gorgeous Marina. Can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marina - you sure didn't waste any time getting started on the cross stitch - and beautiful work it is, of course!!
    I think the B&C fabrics will be just gorgeus with your stitchery, lovely work x

    thanks for your 'bloggy meet' support x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitchery and hour glass blocks will look wonderful together.
    And I am really liking the look of the Ella and Skysie blocks, too.
    The travelling cross stitch looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb distractions from your quilting. I'm sure your niece will love her quilt for a very long time so it won't matter if it's a little bit late. Your stitching is exquisite, so lovely and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects. Love the kitten. Hugs, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sweet kitty :)
    Beautiful stitching with lovely thread shades..
    Happy stitching
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little quilt is going to be lovely - your stitching is beautiful and I love the patterns you have chosen.Well worth waiting for I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitcheries are just gorgeous and so neat. It will look amazing when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stitcheries and I cant wait to see the christening quilt finished. Going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work as usual and I really like the saying on the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These stitcheries are just so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful stitching it is too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitchery blocks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stitchery is so relaxing to do, you sure are whizzing through at a pace! The bunny is so cute, great for an Easter project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous little stitcheries, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, I love little kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable pink and red blocks.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...