Friday 3 August 2012

just me and the boys...

Couldn't wait to have my day off today. Sometimes you just need the day off more than others.
No hunting and gathering on the list today. The sun was shining so after a little sleep in I got stuck into the washing.  The sooner it gets out the quicker it will dry.
I thought it would also be a lovely day to get my sadly neglected boys out for a lovely run. Just 10 minutes drive there is a beautiful reservoir and park. I hardly ever encounter another person there, even when there are cars in the car park. I took them to a more remote part and let them off the lead to have a good run.
They loved it. Coffee was amazingly well behaved and Monty decided that a dog of his age is perfectly entitled to play deaf when I called him, he was even cheeky enough to ignore my visual commands. All that obedience training was a bit wasted wasn't it lol.
 Poor Monty is starting to show his 11 1/2 years. He has old dog gait and was struggling at times to keep up. I usually give them a swim in the overflow lakes but I am sure he wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow if he had so poor Coffee had to miss out on a swim too.
This is the view of the City skyline from where we were walking. Beautiful and clear. I hope it stays a rarely visited place so I can have it all to myself!
I have been crafting too.... 6 new hexie flowers for my Swan Lake stash and some appliqueing on my dolly border.
Tomorrow I am off with No 1 son to see Barry Humphries Farewell show in the city.
I am a bit of a Dame Edna fan so am looking forward to it.
Barry Humphries is such an intelligent man and clever comedian.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend Possums...
marina

12 comments:

  1. Even old dogs enjoy a good run. Looks like a lovely day for it. Enjoy Dame Edna, she was on Paper Giants as a youngster last night - quite funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the perfect day for a little outside time - glad you got to enjoy the great outdoors with the 'boys'.
    Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are so delightful and yes if you can't do what you like when you get to that age when can you. Enjoy the show....now I find that surprising that you would be a fan....hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't blame Monty for selective hearing. I'd play deaf too on a beautiful warm sun-shiny day :-)
    Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like lovley walk !so pretty.
    enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see the boys out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marina have a wonderful time at Edna, she's very funny... and the dogs look happy to have a good run. I hope you enjoyed your 'down time' we all need it sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope (no I know) you'll enjoy the show. Especially as you will be with your son.
    Lovely space to walk...so thanks for sharing! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely pics Marina,and enjoy your show.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jindi is So jealous that your boys have such a wonderful hidden treasure playground nearby...she wishes!...paws crossed for them that no-one else finds it and spoils their fun...I'm sure you enjoyed the show...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely, peaceful Friday with your boys.
    Hope you enjoyed the Farewell show. I hate the fact that Dame Edna has much better legs than me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos of your dogs enjoying the outside. Hope you enjoyed the show!

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...