Friday 27 April 2012

nurturing the inner child...

No 1 son turned 22 this month and I wanted to buy him a novelty type gift as we had contributed to a larger gift that he wanted. So where to go? A toy shop of course!
All my boys have loved lego when they were young and each one had different themes that they liked. They spent many hours building and playing with lego blocks even though I sometimes wanted to strangle the guy that invented them. Not pleasant standing on a lego brick I can tell you.
He bought himself a display 'lego' block that you can put the little people into but it didn't fit them all so I bought him another one.
It is so cute all set up...  I love the guy with the eagle on his arm, reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer recreated a talk show set in his apartment and invited the wildlife handler as a guest. very funny...



 they are a neat way to store Lego people...

Project updates.....
I have been busy trying to keep make progress on my Swan Lake quilt. I wish I had  thought about the sort of commitment this would involve before jumping in. I think I will be a hundred by the time I make considerable progress with it but we all have to start at the beginning..
I have 28 flowers, only 76 to go...
I made a start on the dolly border. One border has all the dresses appliqued, another the dresses ironed on ready to applique. I have made three dollies with arms and a head. I don't seem to be precise enough as my dollies are different heights, my girls are going to be individuals! I hope to iron on some more arms and heads to work on this weekend. Boy this is going to take awhile.

I haven't forgot my other big project, Down in the garden. I have nearly finished stitching block 7 birdhouse block. I got a little frustrated that some of my satin stitch flowers weren't as neat as some of the others so thought it best to put them aside for a little bit. Will get back to it soon.

As a distraction I have also signed up for a cross stitch SAL on this website.

Google translate isn't very accurate sometimes and my Hungarian is non existentso I am hoping I have understood the gist of this correctly. Fingers crossed.


So much inspiration so little time!
Cheers
Marina


16 comments:

  1. Only you would join a stitchalong in Hungarian! will be fun to watch.... love the lego men and your satin stitch looks good to me but if you are not happy with it it is best to take a break.... love the dollies for swan lake and your hexies... keep strong and healthy... in case you need to live to 100 !!!!....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Marina you have some beautiful projects on the go there,well done on your progress.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marina, you post is all about little people, lego and dollies, have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have fun at your Hungarian sew along! How adventurous. Your pile of hexie flowers is growing! And your ladies are cute - I think that a little variation adds to the uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you won't be unemployd the first weeks :-)).
    So many interesting projects. I really look forward to see the progress/finishes. Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the pain of leggo underfoot!
    Lovely flower stack and dollies and your bird house is looking cute. I'm afraid I avoid satin stitch.
    Slow and steady won the race ... I should win heaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your little leggo guys and such a great display case. My youngest was into bionicles and we still have a huge suitcase full of those pieces. He still loves it. I also can relate to standing on pieces of leggo is not much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try again to leave a message Marina. Every thing you made is so beautifull, and you are working so fast pffffffffffff

    ReplyDelete
  9. The big Lego block is a great idea. Love all your other work too - the dollies are going to be lovely - and very individual! The fabrics you are using for your hexies are just gorgeous. I think I'll need to live to be at least 150 to complete all my projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boys loved lego too , and yes they do hurt when you step on them ,cute display case. Your hexies are lovely and although this may take a while it will be so worth it , as for your satin stitches they look fine to me .Good luck with the Hungarian , I would be totally lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck - who knows you may enjoy stitching and learn Hungarian?

    Great progress and don't be so worried about getting all of them done just the next 10!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Swan Lake is a huge project but the end result will be worth it. No hurry is there?
    Great gift for your son.
    Hungarian SAL, now that's a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting sew-a-long, you are adventurous! Hope the translator works!
    The lego storage looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great idea for the lego men, I will have to try and find one for my son. Your hexagons and dollies look beautiful, I will be interested seeing what your new project is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Down in the Garden is coming along beautifully! LOL, some of my satin stitch isn't the greatest either; it's funny how some flowers turn out almost perfect and others just...don't!
    Love the lego cases, I have an 11 year old who can't imagine the day when he won't play with lego.....

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...