Wednesday 11 April 2012

Love progress!

I have hit a small slump with my Down in the garden, I just needed a little success to spur me on!
when I have been visiting Mum this week she has been going great guns putting her Gingham girls blocks together. While Dad sitting yesterday I finished the last stitchery block that was holding me back from putting Block six together. Today I dragged out the machine and put together block six of Down in the garden. While the machine was out I was also employed to sew sand bags for DH to rest his rifle on. Yeah like that was real fun but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
I got a little carried away and thought I may as well put the two rows together. I made a slight boo boo with the centre block by cutting it 1/2 inch too small. What to do but cry... I went to mums and she helped me work out the measurements to make a small border to make up the 1/2 inch. Yeah for mum! I think the border looks pretty good and frames that centre stitchery well.
So back home and sew, sew, sew...
Here it is folks.....
blocks 1-6
 Of course as soon as the top was spread Maisie jumped up to 'catscan' it and give it her meow of approval! It's enough progress to get that enthusiasm fired up again.


And here are Mum's Gingham Girls blocks...
row 3

row 3


rows 1/2
One last photo...... Introducing Princess Bucket Head. She moved into mum's house a few weeks ago and has made herself quite at home. She had her little operation last week so still has to wear the bucket for a few more days. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. She kept my lap warm yesterday while I sat with dad, I don't get to let my boys on my lap, a bit hard to do with a 40kg Curly though I am sure they wouldn't be adverse to trying it!


Happy stitching!
Marina




18 comments:

  1. No one would ever know that little border wasn't meant to be there ... perfect framing. Glad Maisie approves :)
    Your mum's Gingham Girls are looking great and her little girl is a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Marina... great post. Love your Down in the Garden so much. It looks fantastic and you would never guess there was a mathematical cutting error in there. Your mums Gingham girls is looking fantastic. How wonderful you get to share quilting together. Poor little bucket head he he... Oh and I love Maisie sitting on the quilt.. CATSCAN... ha ha that made me laugh. I'm going to call it that from now on too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are on a roll Marina,well done,and love your mums quilt as well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I felt ill when you told about the cutting wrong.. but what a comeback... it looks great with the border.. - such a very lovely quilt - well done you... and your mums Gingham girls is lovely too - there is so much to look at in both of them... Princess bucket head looks quite regal with her Tudor style collar....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you for getting over the hurdle - all downhill from here I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those quilts are so beautiful!! I can see where you get your talents from now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marina,

    My oh my both quilts are stunning. So glad Mum came to the rescue for you. Buckethead is pretty cool. Cats and Dogs usually hate those things.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    Sorry to hear you had to sew for hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your cutting error was a positive negative. The thin border frames that block beautifully, Glad that you were able to get out of trouble,
    Please congratulate your mother on her lovely work.
    We are going to AQC on Sunday. Don't know if I will get to GJ's. I don't really need anything, but I will check just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marina, your Down in the Garden is such a pretty quilt, the colours and stitcheries are beautiful. The border on the central block looks perfect. Your mum's quilt is gorgeous too and I love the pet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your Mum's and your blocks are looking fabulous. I think it is so lovely that both of you share the same hobby and that you can ask for help when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden quilt is stunning and I like that little border , it adds a lot of interest .Your Mom's quilt is lovely as well , great job ladies! hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful stitching by both you and your mum. I do love seeing little Maisie and Princess Bucket Head looks very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden quilt is a real beauty and your mom's Ginger Girls looks cute. Nice that your mom is a quilter and helps you out with these things...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youre down in the Garden beautifull.

    And youre mum here Quilt waauw it is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!!! I think the little border looks beautiful. It is a stunning quilt Marina and I am sure Maisie told you so. Your Mums quil is super too and Princess bucket head is a real sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden quilt is looking fantastic - great to see it coming together so neatly.
    Love your mum's version of gingham girls - they sure do have lots of character.
    Enjoy AQC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that you and your mum have created Marina...both quilts are stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quilt is looking great, so much stitching! Good recovery from a tiny error lol. Love the Gingham girls too.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...