Sunday 20 November 2011

lovely friday meeting...

On Friday I had two lovely visitors.....
Fiona from Bubz rugz and Melody from house on the hill. Fiona and I had had a bloggy meet up earlier this year and as she was in my part of Aus. we had arranged another catch up and lovely Melody came too.
No 1 son was home too and joined in the jovial chatter till the conversation turned to hexagons then he just glazed over and retreated to his room. One woman obsessed with hexagons is enough, let alone three talking about hexagons! Poor thing is recovering from the trauma of all that craft talk.
Melody brought us both a lovely little package...


We spent a wonderful afternoon and it passed way too quickly. Melody and Fiona are just lovely, it's like we have known each other for years.
Melody took some pics so I have pinched them from her blog (with permission of course). My camera battery was flat.
this is Fiona and I peeking over the top of my Girls day out quilt
and here are Melody and I peeking over my flower garden. I know I said I had posted my last photo of it but.....
Thankyou Fiona and Melody for the most enjoyable catch up it was really great!
cheers
Marina

17 comments:

  1. what a wonderful special day spent with lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks to you, Marina. I had the BEST time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special for Fiona and Melody to spend the day with you , it must have been such fun . I love both of your quilts , just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I can relate to the obsessive craft coma as I also have a tolerant son who has been a captive audience once or twice!
    Isn't it lovely the friends we meet through the internet and how they enrich our lives and even nicer when we meet them in person :).
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the poor lad...hope he recovers ok ;)
    What a wonderful meeting of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Train 'em young I say!!! I loved having a look at your beautiful quilts Marina. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got to catch up with two special blogging friends.. It must have been a wonderful day for you all..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opportunity for you all to meet before Christmas. A new use for quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its always wunderfull to have friends around you, with the same hobby.

    Youre Girls Day out pfffffff waauw.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to have a bloggy meet up! And I think your quilt is so gorgeous that it is worth a dozen more outings or more....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky are you to have spent time with your bloggy friends.
    On the wekend I went on retreat with my friend Sue and our bloggy friend Bev.c from Kainga Happenings come to visit us. Sew nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh how fun - Sounds like you had a lovely time.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am envious indeed! How wonderful that you got to have a lovely time together, with much fun and laughter to I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Marina,

    Oh such a beautiful post. The Hexagon Ladies Club sounds divine. Your poor son I hope he has recovered!!! A very happy post.

    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a lovely day for you all, I love seeing your beautiful quilts again and love the to see you all peeking over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the lovely lunch and hosting us.... was such fun.... I wish I had looked at your Boys Story quilt .... I will just have to come again.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice is that! And, funny about your son, I have seen the glazed over look many times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...