Wednesday 23 November 2011

early christmas gift.

One of my first swap partners was the lovely Els in the Netherlands. We have kept up correspondence and surprise packages for our birthdays and for Christmas. Els is way more organised than I am and her parcel came speedily in just a week. I was told I could open my parcels early so I didn't need much convincing once the parcel arrived yesterday. I am lucky to have it as the postie just dumped it on the front verandah of my house for all the passing world to see! He could have at least put inside the screen door-doesn't he know how precious this parcel would be?
I couldn't wait to open it! Luckily I remembered to take the photos..

Beautiful cross stitching on linen! It is just so delicate and small. Els has also included two pincushion kits for me. I just wanted to start one straight away but I think I will wait till the holidays. (if I can).

the kits include some lovely little finishing touches. 
The designs and kits are put together by a friend of Els. I have had a sticky beak at her website and they are beautiful. I have admired these linen cross stitcheries on a few overseas websites longing to have a go at them, but haven't seen many kits. I may be looking in the wrong places mind you as I do get a little daunted by cross stitches but these will be quite manageable and make a pretty addition to my pin cushion collection. 
If you are interested at having a peek at the website it is at www.soedidee.nl
Definitely worth a look...
Thanks Els for such a wonderful parcel of goodies. Now I must get my act together and get posting.
cheers
Marina

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift.... you will have such fun....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful present. Everything in your parcel is so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how nice a touch of xmas early,lovely gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh you are lucky Marina what lovely gifts you have received!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous gifts, Christmas has come early for you. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cross stitch , the little kits will be such fun to make up as well and the lace is gorgeous!Such a nice parcel to arrive with the postman .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gifts - lucky you; the fine cross stitch is lovely - and looks great with the Scandinavian Christmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gifts Marina ... enjoy the cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gifts, I have often wondered where peoples buy such lovely patterns so thanks for sharing the website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you liked al the present.

    It was a little bit to early, but sometimes it take;s long for the parcel's arrived from Holland.
    have fun with youre Crosstitching kits.


    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous gifts. Lucky you.
    The pretty kits will be perfect for the holidays.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so lucky... Thankyou for the address so we can look them up too..xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely Marina that you still keep in touch....beautiful gift. Your crosstitch is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Marina,

    Oh lovely goodies, you are lucky to have such a thoughtful friend. Good luck with the cross stitch.
    Thanks for the link to the site.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. hoi Marina, The first give for Christmas you recieved , it's an early one ! Beautiful, I wish you a lovely start of the new week and may quilthoures .Love and Hugs Carine

    ReplyDelete
  17. hat a beautiful present. The cross stitch is so dainty.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...