Sunday 13 November 2011

2 Checks off the list...

Bindings done!!! That's all there is to say about that.

 One of my quilts was 'adopted' a few weeks ago and I realised it didn't have a label, many of my other quilts are in the same predicament. When I first started making quilts I would quilt my initials or name and the date somewhere in the quilt, then I saw people talking about labels. Before my quilt went to it's new home overseas I made it a label and some extras for the 'un-labelled' others. There are still more that need labels but it's a start. I had found a great tutorial but can't remember where about making labels. You make the front then sew a backing piece onto it so that they are right sides facing. Sew right around the label then cut a slit in the backing fabric and turn inside out. Makes a lovely label and once it is stitched on the back of the quilt you would know the back is cut.


Hope you are having a great stitchy weekend!
cheers
Marina

13 comments:

  1. Good idea on the label! Well done Marina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the elephant label! It is just so cute, what did the quilt look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marina, you are inspirational, the way you are working at finishing all your quilts.. After Christmas I am going to try too... Unfortunately I have a short attention span!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that tip Marina, I will try it next time I make a label. My quilt shop also suggested it's a good idea to write what batting you use to help with washing (which I haven't done so far!) Love the elephant label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous labels - wonder if any of my quilts would like to know their identity.
    Great work on that binding more than half the month to go - can't wait to see what you achieve.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marina.

    Love that elephant on the label, he has his trunk up to which is good luck.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats indeed a great idea for making labels for the Quilts.

    Thank you.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Marina! The labels are great. Did you stitch the writing? Or is it written with a special pen, or printed on special fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hopless at putting on lbels too. Must get better at it. Your labels look great especially the elephant one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your two finishes and that is a really great tip with the labels , I am notorious for not putting a label on :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip for the label and good work on your finishes...waht do you write on them with?????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful idea for labels and wonderful labels, I just LOVE the elephant one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...