Saturday 10 September 2011

spending time down in the garden....

This week I have been busy stitching. Boy was there a lot of it!
The main stitched block of Block two is done. I have changed some of the colours to suit my fabrics and the butterflies are softer than the red ones on the pattern. I am happy with most of it. Now I just need to cut up and trace the smaller stitchery blocks and I should be well on target for this month.



and another sneak peak.......
Not convinced about the handkerchief linen as it wrinkles so easily. Have other people found this? This was stitched using an iron on transfer and is visible in some places. It should fade with time or washing according to the instructions. I am hoping so!
Off this afternoon to get some accessories to finish one of my swap gifts.... The end of the month doesn't seem all that far away!
Hope you have a lovely weekend with lots of craftiness.
Marina

21 comments:

  1. It's just sooooo pretty!
    Have a sew lovely weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. exquisite stitching.... I just love it.....
    I have never used the iron on transfers.... hope the marks do wash out...... but it is beautiful and I love that row of flowers
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is just too gorgeous. Once I am done with Vignette I am going to start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good, Marina. I love seeing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marina...beautiful...fantastic work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely stitchery again Marina. Your made your stitchery so nicely and perfect.

    I'm curious how the Quilt is when you al the has done.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching Marina, lovely images of the spring that we are enjoying. Not so good today but the weather has been pretty good recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just BEAUTIFUL... I love the colours you've used and the butterflies are just lovely. You have done an amazing job... Good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job!
    I think that the signs will go away with time, surely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is looking so beautiful Marina, it is perfect with the pretty flowers, gorgeous butterflies, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always your stitching is so beautiful and so perfect. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good Marina - I guess you are getting into the swing with this one! Beautiful stitching! And lovely colour choices - butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful. I wondered about the linen. That would be frustrating. Thank you for sharing that because it has been on my list to by and try but it is also expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what your doing, so pretty, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours are fantastic - I love the little butterflies. You are doing an amazing job on this one.
    Enjoy the quiet in your garden.
    I am not fussed about working on Hanky linen, me and it just don't seem to get along at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your block is so beautiful, the colours are gorgeous together, I love the yellow with the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Marina,

    Such beautiful work Marina, Good luck with it.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very nice! Soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marina, that's just soooo pretty..

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...