Tuesday 13 September 2011

pincushions galore!

Remember this......
 It was about time it got finished so I added a strip around the edge and used some of my yo yos that I had stashed.
I didn't realise how big this pincushion would be when I first made the base. It is a little big but I don't mind it just makes sure it is noticed. It could almost be a door stop!
I worked on my swap goodies and I am happy to say they are almost done. Just one more gift to make.
Sunday night I found a use for a hexie flower I made. One of the glass vintage buttons has found a home on this pin cushion. It fits perfectly.

I think I may be getting a bit of a collection of pincushions....
These are pincushions I have received in swaps and as gifts, and some I just made for myself. I just love them all. The one with all the pins is extra special because one of my boys made it for me when I was sewing one day and he wanted to make something too.
Most of them live in a basket on my sewing trolley.
Off to do some quilting... finishing off a UFO.
Happy crafting!
marina

17 comments:

  1. That pincushion looks fabulous Marina. One advantage to it being big, is that it might be harder to lose! Mine always seem to sprout legs and 'wander off'.

    Lovely collection you are building up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a lovely collection that you have there.
    Love those two new ones you have made. Your felt pincushion looks fabulous.
    Lots to make you smile when you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pincushions - wonderful.
    Such a work, especially on the one with the pony and yo yos . it looks so.
    Best wishes from Denmark
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yo yo finish.... too lovely. they are big done like that... I quite like have a giant pincushion but I need to work out a way to stop the pins going all the way down which makes it a pain to pick out..... and I love your new hexie pincushion... what a great idea.... quite a pincushion collection happening there
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you added the yo-yos to the outside of your pincushion. Your hexagon pincushion is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you finished that pincushion art work you have got there! That is something special! Is that a dog behind all those pins???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pincushion collection.
    I have seen the Felt one in person when Sue was working on it and I fell in love with it then.
    What a great idea the Hexie one is.
    So nice when the kids make something for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your pincushions. Such a cute idea to use your yo yos on the side. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pincussions you have. There are so mutch lovely pincussions.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pincushions for a quilter are never enough, aren't they? Yours are so lovely! Thank you so much for your comments.
    A big hug.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. The yo-yo's are like icing on the cake! That is one fabulous pincushion. And, I so love the hexie flower cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pincushion is gorgeous! I love your collection too! We can never have enough can we.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're all too nice to stick pins in ! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the pin cushions and you have a lovely collection Marina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pin cushion collection is gorgeous and the new hexie one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hallo Marina, those are so lovely . Well-done , send you a mail later on today ( in the evening) so long hugs Carine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Somehow I managed to miss this post and am so glad I saw it now. All your pincushions are delightful and your large felt one is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...