Saturday 27 August 2011

counting the blues.....




these two are flimsies

This week the wonderful Nicki of Mrs Sew and Sew finished her first and only blue and white quilt top. I had to confess that I have quite a few blue and white quilts. When I mentally counted them there are 7 then I remembered another one so the total is 8 blue and white quilts. Of course Nicki requested a show and tell so here goes...
Seeing as the sun was shining they got aired on the line.

this is one of the first quilts I made. I do like it but with time it seems a little gawdy. The teacups and pots are appliqued. Hand quilted.

This table topper is my first go at dresden plates, not perfect but still pretty.

I did have quite a big blue and white stash....
this was my first queen bed size quilt. Disappointingly the navy around the outer border has faded . Probably not a super quality fabric

the top row. I remember researching all the different star blocks to add and attempting the different blocks. Some were a little scary.

But wait there's more......



bear paw flimsy

disappearing blue patch flimsy

dutch fabrics (in blue and red)

nursery rhyme stitchery top

Hope you have enjoyed my blue and white show.....
Please tell me I am not the only one to have so many quilts in the same colour range? Perhaps have a quilt show of your own....

Hope you have a great weekend!
Marina

ps I have fixed my mistakes on my Sweet Nostalgia quilting-too a couple of go's I must say and also corrected the border on my Hexie garden. Yippee!
TTS top together too, just needs borders.

22 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the blues together. It just shows how many shades there are. The the fabric patterns create a huge range to choose from. Mix them with white and they are perfect. I can't pick a favourite. They are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really like blue and white! :) I love the teacups and teapots the best. Not gaudy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blushing Marina! But thank you for the lovely quilt show! I think you are a bit 'potty' about blue and white but I'm not surprised as they are gorgeous and Maisie looks comfortable sitting on your bedhead!

    When are you finishing those flimsies? You must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your blue and white quilts. I love blue and almost always end up with it in a quilt somewhere!If you check out The Village Quilters blog my "Nearly Insane "quilt is the header and it's blue and yellow. Love that combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Blue and white quilt show. Lots of interesting and different designs here all of which look magnificent in this colour way.
    Yay on the progress on your current projects, even with unstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore blue and white together but have not made a quilt in these colours. Your fabulous display makes me want to start now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really rolling along with your projects. Your blue and white quilts are a great collage of your crafting journey. We are usually very critical of our earlier work but they are often the ones that hold our strongest affection. I am a fan of star blocks and you have a great assortment of these lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blue and white show... it is such a fresh combination isn't it.... a quilt show is a lovely way to look back at what you have made.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your Blue and White Quilts.
    Would it be possible to put a new border on the queen size quilt??

    I have a soft spot for brights so have made many of them. Most I have given away though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and white looks so fresh. They are all beautiful. My favourite is the one Maisie is sitting on. I love those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blue and white quilt show. Very inspiring. I don't think I have enough quilts in one colour range to put on a show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well what can I say, but I love them all, especially the ones with the teacups and teapots! I love the star quilt as well, must be disappointing the boarder has faded.

    I can see a blue and white quilt will have to be must in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue and white show, they are truly beautiful! I have a blue and white cut out, thanks for the inspiration, I may now finish it!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gee, now I have something else on my long list of Things to Do. Blue and Whitel. So refreshing. These are beautiful. I particularly like the finish on the teapot quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved all the blue quilts! My first quilt was blue and it is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok Marina I think I will have to make something in blue and white now. I am a bit envious especially of the nursery rhyme one.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    p.s. thanks for sharing, I wonder what your neighbours think when you have a yard full of quilts out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely blue and white Quilts you have.The quilt with the Dutch fabrics gourgesius.

    You made such wunderfull uilts marina.

    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing them all together. they look so fresh. I'm a green and pink/burgundy girl and so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your blue and white quilts are gorgeous, I love blue and white, also love red quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply lovely. I have 4 blue and yellow quilts. I like that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your blue & white quilts. Just gorgeous. I love the teapot one. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marina, I really enjoyed that.. they are all gorgeous.. thankyou so muchxxx

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...