Wednesday 4 May 2011

some more blocks and a pincushion

On Monday Sue's wool base arrived from Janet in Canada. She stitched a fantastic mountain goat looking over a cliff down on a trout jumping. It looked fantastic but how was I going to add to it. I scoured Sue's blog looking for hints on things she liked, when I suddenly looked at her blog name 'Charlotte's cottage'-that's it I thought!
I would add a little cottage to the base and then there was just a little gap that needed filling so what better than a little ray of sunshine on her cottage!
I am quite happy with the result, I hope Sue likes it too. Now it will be off to America to Jacqueline then it will make it's final trip home to Sue in Western Australia.


On Sunday I thought I would work on the borders for the next three Tis the season blocks. Now I make no secret that I don't like cutting and sewing up blocks, my favourite part is the stitcheries and hand sewing. I thought while I was cutting strips for three blocks I may as well cut strips for all the blocks. I now have them all ready for when I finish the next lots of stitcheries. Happy days!
so here are the next three...




It's half way through the week already....... Roll on the weekend.
Cheers
Marina

9 comments:

  1. Great pincushion. Your partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. The little house was a great idea and your stitcheries are as gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little pin cushions, you girls are so creative. Those "Tis the Season" blocks have you going again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cottage and smiley sun..... wonderful.... and of course the stitcheries are beautifully done ... you are getting through these... mojo is back....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sashings look great. I prefer the hand stitching to the actual sewing part too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to think of the little cottage ... the perfect addition.
    Love your red stitcheries ... makes me want to start one if I wasn't already busy stitching :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pin cushion looks great and your stitcheries look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitchery blocks are wunderfull. how many did you have to make?


    Cheers Els

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stitcheries are beautiful. I enjoy reading your blog, seeing your work, & your "boys".

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...