Monday 7 February 2011

Beam me up Scotty!

Boy what a day, work was flat out all day and I was glad to see the end of the day!
When I got home, two hours after I was meant to finish, I found that my fabric order from Blueberries had arrived. Last week I thought I would check out their newsletter specials as I needed some more dark brown for my hexies. Lo and behold they had 40% off Park Avenue, bit of control girlie!
I managed to get some Christmas fabrics on special too, to keep me motivated on my Christmas Item per month pledge.
The fabrics on the left are fabrics I picked up at Jemimas and Lincraft. I think I have a few projects worth now. 
 The two dark fabrics on the bottom right are for more of these lovelies...
Here are some stitcheries that I have finished over the last week or so
This lovely bird cage was a free pattern on needlecrafter.com, they have some great vintage type stitcheries. I am very happy with this one. I think I will make it a door hanger though it is a little large, but I think it will suit that purpose well.



These little stitcheries were a pattern sent to me by Oddbjorg for our friends swap. I haven't decided what to use these for- maybe pincushions?
I just love these stitcheries. I am sure that I will use them again.

 Melbourne weather has been trying to compete with Qld and Nsw but we are ok here. The cool change and rain was quite a relief after the terrible heat and humidity of last week. Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon (after a marathon washing catch up) cutting hexagon iron on shapes and then ironing and trimming hexagons ready for basting. I have a good stash of hexies ready to stitch. It's mostly what I have been doing this last week. Can't focus on what I feel like doing. Maybe I should think of my February Christmas item....

Saturday night No 1 son came with me to see The King's speech. It was a fantastic film. I am not that into the 'modern' Royal Family but this was a great film, I loved it. Definitely worth a look and Colin Firth in the lead didn't sway me at all......


Now I need to focus on my February Christmas project.....
thinking hat on...
Have a great week...
Fingers crossed mine settles a bit.
cheers
Marina

9 comments:

  1. I was beginning to think you may have melted away. :)
    Lovely purchases and your stitcheries are gorgeous ... just adore the bird cage.
    Hope your week is smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird cage stitchery is lovely Marina and the cats are cute. Some great material, glad to see there are some blues amongst it.! ;-) Have a good week and I look forward to seeing what your thinking cap comes up with in the creative department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As allways your stitching is wonderful.. the cage is lovely all in blue..... pretty fabrics to play with too ... I am also needing to think about Feb Christmas item.....mmmm -
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitcheries continue to impress Marina, those birds are delightful. Nothing like a package of lovely fabrics to put a smile on your face after an exhausting day. Holidays really are over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely fabrics you buy for your self. The stitchery's are also well.

    Cheers from Holland.

    Els

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think anybody stitches as beautifully as you. What gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy. Fun stitcheries you have been working on. Love the bird cage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty fabric, pretty stitchery... I love the things you make. Sorry I haven't visited in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY Gooness!! Such beautifuls sticheries. Well done!! Keep up the spirit! Greetings from Belguim -Bruges Carine http://patchworkstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...