Saturday 4 December 2010

the week that was.......


Well what can I say about the U2 concert........ Absolutely amazing!!! I am so glad I went. We have all their concerts on dvd so I was prepared for what the live concert might sound like and I was also a little prepared to be a touch disappointed in case they didn't sound the same. I needn't have worried they were superb and Bono and the Edge's voices were the best I had heard them. I wish I was going again. No 1 & no 2 son are off to Sydney next week to see them there. I want to go too!!
Now on to crafty business....
The postman made a lovely drop off this week again.He brought this beautifully wrapped package..


......that contained this gorgeous sewing kit. I have seen them on Lynette Anderson's blog and they are always snapped up like gold. Bronwyn Hayes has opened up a blog shop on her blog and she has so many in her shop to choose from. I just had to have one.
This week also saw a visit to one of my favourite fabric stores, GJ's in Lygon St, Brunswick East. They had one of their regular 25% off sales and I desperately needed batting for the numerous tops that need to be quilted. You know what my main job will be these holidays....
Besides the batting I bought some of the lovely Bliss fabrics they had on the bolt. I have a jelly roll and charm pack and want to gradually add some extras. I also found some Super bargain fat quarters to add to my Boys' story quilt. They were only $2.00 each and then there was 25% off them too. Amazing.

Each time I start to sew up a square of the boys story quilt I always regret not having more fabrics so now I think I will have a great range to choose from. My more recent additions are a little brighter than the first stash I had collected but I am hoping they will still blend ok.
In regards to the batting, I purchased a thin polyester batting recommended by one of the ladies at Gj's. Made sense for the tops I have to quilt. I'd love to get other peoples opinions on batting. What do you guys use for batting and why do you choose this type?


Well that is the week that was...
So it's goodbye from me, and it's goodbye from him...
Hope your weekend is cruising along nicely!!
cheers
Marina

5 comments:

  1. Glad the concert was good.... I have never been to U2 but my daughter loved it when he performed in UK.
    Great buys.... always love a bargain...
    Batting - I love the weight of a cotton batting best... but I don't really have a lot of experience .....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the concert and that it lived up to your expectations.
    I went to GJ's on friday and glad you left some fabric on the shelves for me. Will probably pop back early next week.
    Personally I prefer natural fibres for my batting - cotton or wool, but sometimes the synthetic fibres have a better loft. Depends who I am sewing for as for the wadding choice. Some family members cannot tolerate synthetic fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to go and have fun at the concert.
    Nice goodies you have found. You have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy you enjoyed the concert and what lovely buys.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the concert, Marina. I prefer 100% cotton batting or an 80/20 blend. The new bamboo batting is so soft and easy to stitch through, but sometimes it does beard a little when hand quilting. Have a great week....and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...