Tuesday 23 November 2010

tuesday treasures..

Here is my tuesday treasure for this week. It is a new treasure.
No 1 son returned from a month in the Cook Islands on Sunday. It was a real great life experience to be living and teaching there. We are huge Survivor fans and often made references to Survivor in our exchanges. Survivor has filmed two series in the Cook Islands and on the island of Atui (where he stayed) they actually filmed a reward experience. When he was a bit homesick I would tell him to keep looking for the immunity idol and try not to get sent to exile island!
So what should he bring me but a carved mask. My own immunity idol!
Now I just need to work out what I will be immune from...  housework, domestic drudgery, teenage nagging? Will let you know once it starts working.
He also bought me a lovely black pearl. Well, I was off with Jack Sparrow references...
I think I watch a little bit too much tv!
 speaking of which....Saw Harry Potter last Friday.
Can't make up my mind on the verdict. I did enjoy it but just felt it lacked detail for me. I love so many of the support characters but in all the films they are never developed as much as I would like.
I want to see it again as it did bring the book to life for me. Will also look forward to the final film next year.
Have a great week!
Marina

13 comments:

  1. Hi Marina, Thank you so much for playing Tuesday Treasures this week. This idol is pretty amazing, I think he would scare away lots of things, I think the housework option is a pretty good one. Image it it worked, you could become a millionaire selling them. I know I'd buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great treasure - did you manage to go visit your son whilst he was in Cook Islands.... would've been fun? I enjoy survivor too but they are putting it on late now!! and then I forget the encor on Sunday...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marina, I am a HUGE survivor fan too and I just love your Immunity Idol lol! Hope it works on all your options!! Nice thoughtful gift too from your son... and a black pearl! gorgeous! I'm hoping to see Harry Potter this weekend with my son.. I hope I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immunity from 'all of the above' ;-) sounds like a good idea to me.

    Glad he had a good time, such an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful treasure, I think I would opt for housework immunity or disobedient, whining children.
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that mask is a bit scary Marina. I hope to see Harry Potter soon. I usually have to reread the books because I forget what's in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want to see your new mask in the dark! LOL. What a great memento of your son's visit to the Cook Islands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Survivor, but EEEEKKK .. I'm a bit scared of that mask... runs swiftly away ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marina,

    Wow what an interesting treasure and a great story behind it. No housework,I would be in on that.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the options seem like they'd be perfect - maybe you get more than one.

    Lovely treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat treasure and I am sure you will think of your son's time on the Cook Islands each time you look at it .

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great treasure. He certainly looks scary. Immunity from all forms of work (paid and unpaid ) sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting and spooky looking treasure. It would scare anything you wanted to be immune from away!!

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...