Monday 11 October 2010

weekend craft expo

On sunday I got the chance to go to the Craft expo at the exhibition building with my SIL and niece. We had a ball walking around and even got some lunch in at Lygon street! Very civilised. I must say.
There were a few things that tempted me. These two patterns were just calling out to me. One was a Libby Richardson pattern. I got to meet her while she was painting fabric and she was really lovely. She has a new pattern coming out at the end of the year with the gorgeous little girl stitcheries on it. I may have to get some colouring pencils to do the colouring part.  She had some lovely patterns with the most gorgeous teddies too but this little girl was the one that caught my eye the most.
I also bought a lovely Kellie Wulfsohn which will be lovely made up for Christmas or maybe even a Christmas swap? Now there is a thought!


Lastly there are some lovely bright fabrics to add to my Boys story stash. They are just so pretty.

Must also add that I saw Mary Poppins on Saturday. What a magnificent musical and there were some of my favourite Aussie performers in it. Especially Philip Quast and Marina Prior as Mr and Mrs Banks. All the cast were just amazing. I was not disappointed in the least.
Another busy weekend...
Cheers
Marina

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marina, Glad to hear you had a good time. I love your choice of patterns, especially the gorgeous tree, and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Knit and Stitch Show yesterday - oh my goodness was it a delight, so full of tempting goodies...and yes I was tempted rather a few times! Never been to such a big show before, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed the show, I might have bumped into you!
    I like the Kellie Wulfsohn pattern. Our group will do a workshop with her next year. All the bloggers who have done her workshop speak very highly of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet patterns - glad it was worth the trip to the show.

    Lovely fabrics for the Boys Story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely patterns and fabrics - live shows are just something else. We have Brisbane craft show in a couple of weeks - looking forward to it but not the temptations!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I've written yor for so long. These have been very busy weeks. I'll write your tonight.
    Take care
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute patterns.
    Mary Poppins. I remember as a child watching the film by Disney and the watching with my children.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...