Thursday 30 September 2010

a day in town

Today I caught the train into the city to meet up with a friend. Much to my sons disgust I took some stitchery to do, I couldn't waste that peaceful sitting time on the train now could I? We were to meet up and go to the National Gallery. Before she got there I had to go and visit a shop I have been dying to go see. L'uccello in the city is a little shop on Swanston St,, I had to meander up stairs and down corridors to find it but it was everything I was hoping it would be. They have lots of vintage type goodies, old laces and buttons too. There was the most beautiful grey french linen there that was so tempting, but unless I have a project ready it will have to stay there.There was an enormous bowl of hexies on the counter, I just wanted to put my hands in them and let them fall through my fingers.
I have been keen to buy some wooden cotton reels and they had lots. I just bought one that was in my budget allowance for today and it has blue nylon wound on it - now you know it had my name on it?
I also found a little gift that will go away for a swap and a very sweet fabric that will be great for hexies!



I had a great day in the city and saw some really beautiful paintings, we only got to see one level so there will be another trip planned.
cheers for now
Marina

6 comments:

  1. I Marina,
    I recently discovered L'uccello too, and it is now one of my favourite places. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to town today too, to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a very long time - no shopping just lots of talking!

    Lovely goodies you brought, of course that reel had your name on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun to go for a day out and especially if you get some shopping in!!
    I remember all those lovely wooden cotton spools - we used to make 'tractors' out of them by carving the edges then winding an elastic through on a matchstick - can't do it with the plastic ones - they slip!! How I regret not having them now - it just proves that we should NEVER THROW ANY CRAFT RELATED THINGS AWAY!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a lovely day out. The cotton definitely has your name on it I can see! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kind of shop Marina.. Glad you had such a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOunds like you had a lovely day!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...