Tuesday 3 August 2010

tuesday treasures

Last week I missed Tuesday treasures so this Tuesday I will make up for it and post early.
I have chosen a gift my mother made for our wedding.
When we got engaged mum decided she would try patchworking- so she made a queen size bed quilt.
She also started to do China Painting so she decided to paint a dinner set, mind you a setting for 10!
It is just gorgeous.
Real beginners projects!
I remember us going out to find the white dinner sets and accessories to add to the collection. I have used it quite a few times- super special occasions only! And I have even broken a few pieces which I dread doing. But if you don't use it no one will see it.
The last time it came out was for Mums birthday, a year or two ago, I think. Here is the pic of it all decked out on the table.
she has painted some gorgeous things.. The little teapot and sugar bowl were for my birthday  a while ago. She has such a talent for anything she touches I think she even spared a little to hand down to me.
cheers
Marina

10 comments:

  1. Those are lovely Marina - I can see why that is such a treasure. Not only beautiful, but something done with love by your Mum.... she certainly is very talented.... Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a talented lady your mum is and lucky you !What beautiful treasures , love them !
    Thanks for playing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful. I love what she painted on the teapot and sugar bowl. How special for you and something to be truly treasured. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the paintings are so delicate!
    beautiful!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous dinner set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dinne set is such a beautiful gift and so personal. What a project to take on! You have shown the quilt on an earlier post haven't you?
    You have inherited your mother's talent more than you give credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marina, WOW is all I can say , your Mom is very talented , the dishes are simply beautiful , lucky you .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother is very talented.
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a treasure indeed!! i love that you use your dishes, it would make your mother so happy to sit down to a meal in your home using the plates she so lovingly painted for you. thanks for sharing.
    %*_*% rosey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Goodness! What a treasure trove!!! Your Mum's painting is simply superb! You could sell little teapots and things like that for a fortune once she painted them - just stunning!
    I love your dinner set, and I love your birthday presents! Thankyou so so very much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...