Sunday 22 August 2010

sweet nostalgia...& a sneak peak


Dorothy has today posted the final instructions to putting together the Sweet Nostalgia BOM
I think it looks just gorgeous and I can't wait to be able to put my blocks together. I didn't do any of the borders as I went along as I wanted to see it put together. I am hoping that I can get it started next school holdiays which is in only 4 weeks (I think!). Usually I am so accurate with knowing those dates. The borders are going to be a challenge but I am ready to meet it head on and all those prairie points- gotta be good for the obsessive compulsive disorder!
Isn't it wonderful!



Well this swap business is a bit of a nuisance as I can't show anything of what I have been up to this week! Well maybe a sneak peak?

I have been working away to get some things finished and I can cross off a few from the list of goodies to send Judit
 
Speaking of swaps...... I have naughtily signed up for another swap. Your Honour I can explain..... It is a Christmas swap and doesn't have to be sent till December and the sign up is not closing till September 1.. I will have plenty of time to finish and package up the goodies for this swap.
Maree at On my Verandah is organising this swap. Last year I did a redwork cushion swap and a paper bag swap organised by Maree and I thought it sounded good. Unfortunately it is only open to Australia and New Zealand.
Well the sun has been shining here in Melbourne today. A promise of Spring just around the corner!
Am off to get some work done on some swap goodies!

Will try to post some more sneak peaks, just not big ones!
Cheers
Marina

3 comments:

  1. That sure is a pretty quilt - can't wait to see your blocks all together.

    Loving the little red bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is so cute. I love the way it is finished. Lots of colour but it doesn't take away from those beautiful blocks. Another swap? Do we need an intervention here? Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the quilt is going to be great.... your redwork is so neat.... Glad to hear of your sunshine - usually comes up here after a couple of days!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...