Saturday 10 April 2010

It is done!!


Last night I had a final all out effort at some sewing as next week it will be back to normal.
I have managed to finish my top for the Life is Beautiful quilt!
I was not leaving that sewing machine till it was done, or mostly done.
When I was sorting out the blocks for the background blocks I was so careful to arrange the colours so that there weren't any two together and that the colours were balanced, blah blah blah. Well after I had sewed the rows I realised that my blocks must have been mixed up in the process of stitching and restitching the medallions. I was so disappointed but I wasn't undoing every thing. Just will have to deal with it! (I feel borderline obsessive)
I did undo one row of sashing as the blocks didn't align properly and it was so 'captain obvious' I just had to. So this morning I unpicked and then resewed and sewed the last row on.
My top is only 7 X 7 rows and I am going to add a border too as I just like it to be framed like that.
so Ta Da, without further ado......
and Yes! Life is Beautiful!
Have a lovely weekend
Marina

13 comments:

  1. Hi

    Popped on over after seeing your comment on Mistea's blog. Love this quilt, and I happen to be doing a similar one at the moment but in way way brighter colours than you used. (I'm wondering if I may have made a grievious mistake at this point actually)

    I think your quilt looks absolutely gorgeous. The stitching is so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! What a fantastic quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous and you should be so proud of yourself - the colours and the stitcheries, they just look wonderful. I just love looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've done a great job! It looks great to me and
    I'm cureous to see the border you will add to it.
    Have a nice weekend,

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations that is one beautiful quilt top. I love the way the colours look all together like that and your stitching is divine.
    Can't wait to see it with borders.
    Yay - for finishing it before your break ended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Marina, your work is always so beautiful and neat. Life IS beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marina,

    You have working so fast, I love your Life is Beautiful quilttop.
    A good weekend for you.

    greetings, Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. La tua coperta รจ BELLISSIMA! Devi essere molto orgogliosa del lavoro fatto. The colours look all together in a great way and your stitching is simply gorgeous. Quanta pazienza... Have a great week.
    Un abbraccio.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Marina! You are so fast and good at these sticheries. It is looking fabulous! Can't wait to see it with the borders and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...that is just so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful quilt and I love all of the stichery you added.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its beautifull, you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it is very beautiful Marina !!

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...