Saturday 17 October 2009

let there be cake!

This morning I hosted our craft group get together. We all enjoy having a nice morning tea so I decided to make an orange and poppy seed syrup cake, as I haven't quite tamed my new oven it came out a little overcooked on the outer edges so I also made my fail safe coconut syrup cake in case. They both tasted yum so it was a bonus. There was heaps left over so we will be having a cake fest this weekend.
Today I received my swap partner for a Christmas swap that I have signed up for. My partner is in the UK and her blog is at www.thebalancingkiwi.blogspot.com
Look forward to getting to know her and making her something christmassy.



Not much crafting been happening-have just been flat out this week andI have only managed a little work on my Summer nostalgia block. Block two has already come out. I don't know where that month has gone! Need to get a little hurry on I think.


Well to eat cake or not to eat cake, that is the question.


have a lovely weekend.
cheers
Marina

2 comments:

  1. No question in my mind ... eat the cake!
    I love orange and poppy seed cake but I didn't know about the syrup.
    Care to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitchery! Definitely eat the cake!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...