Wednesday 23 September 2009

no rushing or stressing

Day 3 of the holidays and I can't adjust to the slow pace. The last few weeks of work I seemed to be so rushed that it seems quite boring being at home doing what ever I please. I must be ill to be thinking like this!
No 3 son is booked into tennis clinic for three days so I have had the days to myself.
Monday saw the latest Stitcher's angel project and it is absolutely gorgeous. I decided that I would use the embroidery pattern for the front pocket on the sewing mat I am making. I am not going to applique-it was just too difficult for me so I will embroider the whole lot and it should look ok.
Here is what I have done so far. I am loving the fishbone stitch for the leaves though I feel a bit dyslexic as I have to do mine upside down to how the Embroidery stitches book has it shown in their instructions. Whatever works I suppose.



My first parcel is on its way to America to my angel swap partner. Can't wait till it gets there. I only sent two items. The weight of the journal pushed up the postage a bit so I will send in smaller lots.
Well off to stitch a bit more.... or do housework- now there is a dilemma which do I choose.

cheers for now
Marina

Have signed up for the heart and home bom. First one will be out the start of October. Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I Love your project for your angel wish it was me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angel is going to love it!
    Lucky girl!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...