Saturday 22 August 2009

craft group saturday.




The sun is shining beautifully here, a promising start to the day. Great wash weather.
Had a great catch up with one of my bom projects-sewing the borders on the completed blocks. I have the final two blocks ready to go and next month it will be the 'put together' instructions. Then another project will be complete.
I picked up a darning foot for my sewing machine and I can't wait to have a go at some machine quilting. Also picked up some waffle cotton for the stitcher's angel project. The first project is on Helen Stubbings blog. The theme is 'roses'. My swap partner loves Figtree quilt fabrics so I thought I would try to get some to use in the projects. Their fabrics are just beautiful and lovely to look at all the fabrics in each collection. They have a lovely range called gypsy rose which I think ties in well with the swap theme. I found some on e-bay so they should be making their way here this week-then I can start!
I have managed to finish my next little maids embroidery- Little miss Japan. I thought I would have a go at stitching her in coloured threads instead of just the red work. I just had to do her hair black and the rest of the colours came from there. I must check the pattern to see the colours used on there. I have traced a few to have handy as a 'pick up and go' project. Perfect to take to caft group this morning!
Just need to do a few jobs before I go and then off to a morning with my craft friends.
Have a lovely weekend.
cheers
Marina

5 comments:

  1. Both little lasses are sweet ... I love the pink flowers in Little Miss Japan's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the blocks of the girls are so cute! Wonderful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitcheries are lovely Marina! Hope you had a nice time with your craft friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous these little girls....so cute

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...