Sunday 31 May 2009

an achievement.....

Well last night I got my may tisket tasket block done...Woohoo!
Is my mojo back?

I think I got a bit inspired by my quilts that I washed up the other day.

Here is one that I made for my eldest son a few years ago. He barracks for Collingwood (a football team) and their mascot is the magpies.

and their colours are black and white-obviously.
On the solid black panels I quilted the team name. I was happy with how it turned out. My only disappointment was that when I backed it with polar fleece I didn't put in a thin layer of batting. It would have given it a bit of a 'cushioning' look to the quilting. something I did more recently with a quilt that I backed in polar fleece. It is still warm though and he uses it all the time.

I also visited Jemima's to buy my fat quarter for the paper bag swap. I love the fabric I bought and it is a little bit different for me but it is really lovely.
I can't wait for it to come back and I am looking forward to receiving my bag of things. I think it will be quite a challenge.
That package is ready to send off this week.
We are getting a new back fence so Coffee and Monty have to be locked in the run while the fence is down. I took them for a swim and huge run at the local reservoir. It is such a great spot and not many people go there so we pretty well have it all to ourselves. It was quite green too, something we have been missing around here.
Happy sunday .
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...