Saturday 28 March 2009

a bit of a treat

This morning was taken up with tennis which was on the outskirts of the city. From the courts we could hear the fuel guzzlers racing around the gran Prix track. I could hardly believe it.
Let no. 2 son play chaffeur he is on his L plates and we haven't driven together for ages. I thought it would be good for him to have some really awkward traffic experience and seeing as we were within a short distance of one of my favourite fabric shops I figure it was a win-win situation.

Picked up some $2. fat quarters and some dmc threads that I needed. I just love to wander and check out the fabrics.

THe top selection I want to use as Christmas fabrics and the others are food for thought at the moment.

I have finished my current bom of Girls day out and am waiting for the next one which will come in the next week or so. Can't wait only a few months to go! Tisket-Tasket bom should be out next week too!
Have found the heart to finish block 3 of the unmentionable project.

Have sent off a package to a lost stitching angel who didn't receive anything from her swap partner. I made up a few things to send Monike in Norway will post a pic once she gets it.

happy saturday...

Marina


the world is a small place but the internet even smaller... found another curly person who likes patchwork, she pointed out that we also are members of the same curly yahoo group. great hey

2 comments:

  1. It's a small world ;-) Curly Gus from Canberra says hi :-)

    My eldest daughter is on L plates, we haven't made it onto the road yet, just quiet areas!

    Love the pinks and greys in your new fabric, what a great price! Do tell what is the unmentionable project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a long, pitiful story....I would have to email you to explain.
    We have survived one learner driver who is now licensed and even survived two accidents. It can be quite stressful. With both boys we got them a few lessons with a driving instructor before I would venture on the road with them. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...